Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2003 6:01:38 PM EDT
I need someone to press and headspace my BBL when I get it.  I think $125 is too steep.  Would one of you guys do it?  How much would you charge?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 5:13:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 1:09:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I think the cart is in front of the horse here. First, How is the trunion to be set in the receiver.  Rivets, screws, of welded?  This will define the methods required to do the head space/barrel pressing.  Screws, you can set the head space, then install the trunion. Welded or riveted, there must be jigs to do the pressing as the trunion is in the receiver when the barrel is set.  I've built 8 AK's, don't have a headspace guage, or an FFL. No, I'm not a business, didn't charge anyone anything. Yeah, I screwed up the first barrel I pressed. Cost the learn how to do it right, $39 and three hours extra work.  In the big picture, small price.  Better than when I blocked an oil passage on my triumph M/C and blew the motor.

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top