Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 5:19:32 PM EST
I've seen the different ways to remove or install barrels/pins without a press. I have a 12 ton shop press. Does anybody have jigs or kits to use for FSB,barrel install/removal WITH a press?
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:07:10 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/19/2004 4:10:10 AM EST by Quarterbore]
I hope this isn't a problem posting this link but...

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=210627&goto=newpost

Here is a review of these kits...

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=184848

Photos and more details:

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=179956

Is the press kit by which all other press kits seem to be measured. I can't really say how well I like it as I don't have mine yet but I hope to get it soon

Good Luck!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:52:54 AM EST
I gave up on that guy. He is too busy. Can't answer emails or pms. Thats why I asked here. I offered to rent one from somebody but no reply yet. If I had the plans I would build one myself which is probably what I will have to do anyway.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:10:53 PM EST
I've been trying to get one of those for a year. Problem is, he says "I'm making fifteen, sign up now!" and there's fifteen sig's before I see the thread. I've gotten by with the press plates, a hammer, and steel pipes of various diameter. The only disadvantage to not having his kit is time savings. You can make what you need.

Schulze
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:51:57 PM EST
I'm doing a Krink build. His kit may not work for me anyway.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:15:41 PM EST
stick your barrel in freezer overnight
heat front block with a torch not read hot just hot enough u dont wanna touch it and slip the 2 together
if they need some help use a block of wood and a hammer not really that hard
if your set on useing a press u need 1 u can control do somethang cheap and kinda cheezy works best
not a big nice electric press
and as far as the jig gos a monkey could build 1
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:19:05 PM EST
Like I said I've seen ALL the ways to put one on without the press. But I already have one so I guess I'll have to monkey up and build my own jig. The hot/cold method would be great if thats all you had to worry about was the barrel.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 3:37:50 AM EST
I have also been on the waiting list for weeks and I am hoping that I get the jig soon... With the more expensive parts kits I sure do understand why you would want to try to use the best tools possible and I hope you decide to share just how you do it if you do make your own tools!
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:34:32 PM EST
You should be getting close. I see where a few people are receiving them. You will definitely get yours before I will. I can't even get a reply to get on the list! I would really appreciate some pics if you have time when you get it. Thanks
Top Top