Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page AK-47 » Chinese
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2011 6:52:40 AM EST
I have a raw Legend barrel that I'm going to be installing on my Norinco. I've gotten the original barrel out and know that I will have to have it machined for the barrel pin. The thing I'm questioning is on the feed side of the barrel the original has a notch I'm assuming for the extractor and the new one does not. Is there a procedure for milling this or does it even need to be done? Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 3/11/2011 2:03:35 PM EST
[Last Edit: 3/11/2011 2:04:52 PM EST by AEnemaBay]
Yes, that relief cut is necessary for the extractor claw to rotate into. Also on those barrels, the gas port needs to be drilled, the barrel pin (once the barrel is properly headspaced of course) and barrel component retaining pin holes need to be drilled, and the handguard flange notch needs to be cut. It's not a terrible job for someone with a mill (hell, I did it all but the extractor relief cut with nothing but a drill press and a rat tail file) but it would be much easier for you to just buy a new gas block and FSB and install them on your already headspaced barrel. This is, of course, that your barrel is still usable.
Link Posted: 3/14/2011 12:15:28 PM EST
Page AK-47 » Chinese
Top Top