Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/18/2003 6:23:58 PM EDT
After going to all the local shows and talking to the dealers that attend shows all over the nation, I learned to appreciate my Polytech side folder a great deal more. I see people trying to get into AKs nowdays and feel fortunate that I got mine when the getting was good. There are all those rifles assembled from parts from all different sources that still need a part or two that was made in the U.S. The cheezy side mount for optics that really is a reinforcement for the receiver made of lighter guage metel. A friend bought a "put together" AK at a show recently for $400, the problems that he has had have taught a hard lesson and he will not be able to put that cash back into his "shooting account". There are quality AKs out there but it takes time to search and bigger money to bring it home. Polytech and pre-ban Norincos are two of the best without getting into a custom gun. My Polytech has 2 cases of steel case cheapo military ammo through it and has never had FTF or any other problem. It was inspected and gone over by Krebs last year and came came home with a clean bill of health. My advise.... buy a good one!!!
Link Posted: 4/20/2003 6:39:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Polytech and pre-ban Norincos are two of the best without getting into a custom gun. My Polytech has 2 cases of steel case cheapo military ammo

++++++++++++++++++

I have a polytech as well but it was one of those caught on the customs dock just as Bush senior decide to ban them from importation. So it got butchered , no flash hider, no bayo lug.

After an ACE skeleton stock kit and a RED STAR arms trigger group it looks great and shoots great.Awsome weapon. Only paid 376.00 for it and that included tax!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2003 7:06:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Rainbow6  I also have a caught in the ban Polytech. In order to keep the trigger I use US followers and floorplates. The original trigger seems awfully good.  I have bought the RED STAR arms trigger but have not put it in.  Do you like the RED STAR over the original Chinese?
Thanks

Funny thing, when I mentioned to my local gun store about selling it for me and that I had put in enough US parts to be legal with the pistol grip, he said he would not sell it for me like that.  Made me nervous so I re-read my 922R pamphlet and seems like I am in compliance with less than 10 imported parts.  It does say on the Kengs pamphlet that altering the weapon may violate BATF rulings. ACE stocks rule.  
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:58:33 PM EDT
[#3]
I left the Choate stock on my pre/post ban Polytech and added an Ultimak and a Meprolight Reflex sight and it now looks like this...

Page AK-47 » Chinese
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top