Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/26/2006 8:06:50 PM EDT
Would a polish build offer a better quality rifle in comparison to a romy build? Is the extra $100 in kit costs worth it? Sorry if these questions are too generic for this section. I am fairly new to the ak world and would value your input. Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:45:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Many people claim the polish are a nicer kit externally. Internally they are the same, however the issue has come up that people are posting that the chrome job on the present batch of polish kits is flaking on the inside of their barrels. Nobody has reposted flaking of the Romys

IMHO the romy kits are nice, but then I always refinish the external parts anyway.
Link Posted: 1/26/2006 8:53:14 PM EDT
[#2]
In my opinion, the main reason why one would want to spend $100 more for a Polish kit over a Romanian kit is for the folding stock assembly.  Some will argue that the Polish is a higher quality gun yet I've never seen anyone post any info on the superiority of the Polish steel, barrel life, or really anything that would say indicate that it's higher quality.  Now, the Polish is a little more refined in that the parts seem to have had some of the machining marks buffed out unlike the Romanian but I personally do not consider this to mean that it's higher quality.  Hell, even the Galil AR I own has some machining marks on it. I do own a Polish kit and I like it a lot but there is some very minor flaking of the chrome inside the barrel near the chamber.  I've seen a few other Polish kits like this and had read a few posts about this from other people.  None of my Romanian kits have any chrome flaking off.  My suggestion would be to buy both a Polish and a Romanian before it's too late.  You can always sell them at a later date in case you decide not to keep one.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top