Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2010 7:39:35 PM EDT
Finally got my 1960 out today only to find out it shoots 10 inches to the right. I moved the front sight as far as it would go and it just barely hits center (25 meters). Obviously I have an issue here. It looks like the barrel is bent when you look directly down the length. Anybody else have any problems?
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 8:54:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like you know what the problem is already.

I'd be contacting the manufacturer to see what they'll do about it. BSW
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#2]
wow, canted sights I have seen, bent barrel WTF?
Link Posted: 1/9/2010 7:33:56 PM EDT
[#3]
It happens, if you're not paying attention when you press in the barrel, and it's a tight fit, you can bend it.
I've heard of gunsmiths straightening a bent barrel before, but I have no idea how they do it.
Link Posted: 2/1/2010 5:18:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Also check to see if the end of the barrel is perpendicular to the bore. My AMD was not cut perpendicular and it caused the point of impact to shift several feet to the right at 50 yards. It was also threaded at an angle, which required cutting off the end and rethreading, but that's another story. Anyway, once I cut off the end, rethreaded it and recrowned it, the point of impact moved to dead center at 50 yards with the sights set to the middle position. I was very surprised that it could have affected accuracy that much. Just food for though.
Link Posted: 10/29/2010 9:26:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought one of these from Centerfire systems in Versailles Ky. my first one was immaculate, and shot perfectly centered without any sight adjustments whatsoever. decided to get another one.  Same thing as yours. plus>  very odd recoil for an AK a violent recoil unlike any other AK i had ever fired.  Also, about a foot and a half to the left at only 50 yards.  adjusted sight all the way to the left and it still was barely on target.  also about half the rounds were Key holeing... took it back and they gave me another one, still need to fire it for zero, but the guy said mine was the first complaint about the Polish AK...
He was going to send it back to Century for evaluation.  other than my Valmet 62/s these polish AK are my favorites, "other than the bad one I got, hopefully the new one will work better"
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top