Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/18/2006 8:21:37 AM EDT
What are you guys using to attach your US made pistons to the carrier?
Link Posted: 2/18/2006 5:25:28 PM EDT
[#1]
I just use a piece of round stock that I cut a little longer and then hammered it with a piece of steel bar as a backer then filed off the excess

BLM
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 12:21:47 PM EDT
[#2]
16d finish nails fit perfect
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 5:46:04 PM EDT
[#3]

rivets

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 11:47:33 AM EDT
[#4]
yeah, this brings me to the question-

How the hell do you remove the old one?  

Link Posted: 2/20/2006 4:42:18 PM EDT
[#5]
With a drill press
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:11:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Killer 1, have contact info to where those can be bought?
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 7:33:04 PM EDT
[#7]
no, i mean how to remove the piston!

I can't find a pin.  I looked for one.  Maybe I need to look harder.

Maybe I should just buy a US Slant brake and trade off the SS piston I bought...
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Look under a bright light you should be able to faintly see it. WHen you find it center punch it and drill away. If you can find it in the light, start to lightly sand until it reveals itself.
Link Posted: 2/23/2006 3:49:05 PM EDT
[#9]
AK-builder has a free downloadable video on replacing an AK piston. He also sells the rivets for installing the new pin. You have to register to access the "downloads" section where the instructional video is (it's free).

www.ak-builder.com

With good light and close inspection you should be able to make out the pin. I might try using a sutty flame over the area where the pin goes and rub the sutt around to help find the pin, idea being that the sutt will deposit in any depression made by the edge of the pin.

Fairly easy job to do.

When they call the roll in the Senate, the Senators do not know whether to answer "Present" or "Not guilty." --Theodore Roosevelt
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top