Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/11/2005 12:00:09 PM EDT
Anyone else had trouble with the Wolf Hp 762x39 primers?  I fired about 20 rounds of it through my Yugo SKS and almost all of them result in a pierced primer.  No trouble with other brands.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:52:10 AM EDT
[#1]
check your firing pin.  Some prieced primers are due to the primer being out of spec
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 5:43:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, I did.  It's a brand spankin' new pin that I got from the distributor.  Another guy that makes pins over on another forum said he's had the same problem and even tried changing firing pin profiles with no success.  So I think it must be faulty primers, especially since no other ammo does this.  thanks for the tip though, that's what I initially thought too.  

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:56:21 AM EDT
[#3]
the best way to test this is to have someone else shoot a box or two of the same lot number and see if the problem persists in another rifle.  If it does, then it's the ammo.  If not, it's your rifle.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:23:34 AM EDT
[#4]
If you do check it another gun and it does turn out to be the ammo please post the lot #.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:10:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:01:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Where do they put the lot # on their ammo?  I bought half a case and don't see it on any of the boxes, just a serial #.  Would that be the lot #?  By the way I emailed them about it and haven't got any response at all from them in over a week.  Will call them about it.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top