Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/18/2013 7:30:55 PM EST
Early Friday evening I drove for about a 1/2 hour to meet someone to buy an Atlantic Arms WaffenWerks AK-74 he had for sale. Although I didn't "steal" it from him I did pay a fair price for it and the 4 Bulgarian and 1 Tapco magazine. It is the version that is: KG Gun Cote finished and has a chrome lined barrel, bayonet lug, Removable AK74 Brake/ Flash hider, G2 Fire control, and Side rail for scope mount. AlanticFirearms list them as sold out; the wood stocked version (also sold out) was listed at $799 with one magazine; I got it with 5 magazines; no shipping costs or taxes. When I asked the seller how it shot - he said he hand't shot it! I shall take care of that however, AimSurplus has Russian 5.45x39 53grn FMJ 1,080rd Cans for $179.95...in the mail already! Range report will follow...as will pictures.
Link Posted: 10/19/2013 3:07:02 AM EST
Good score on both the WW and ammo! If it's like mine, you will love it.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 8:55:15 AM EST
As promised, here's a picture of my WaffenWerks AK74 with my PARS imported Maadi:

http://iwantthatknife.com/Gallery/albums/range-visit/pair_of_aks_left.jpg

I got the Maadi several years ago for $225 out the door from my local gunshop. The WaffenWerks was a bit more obviously but the two priced together make them a good buy.
Link Posted: 10/26/2013 5:42:07 PM EST
good deal. Prepare the Maadi for hurt feelings, you will soon enjoy the 74 more.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 6:04:18 PM EST
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By cwo4uscgret:
I got the Maadi several years ago for $225 out the door from my local gunshop.
View Quote

I really like that Maadi and wish I could buy one for that price. I've been wanting one for quite some time. They have a much more ruff and rugged look to them than the traditional Russian AKM with laminate furniture.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 4:14:13 PM EST
Both look very nice, I've been thinking of getting a Waffen 74 because of the ammo price. I'm not sure I want to get into a whole new platform though.
Top Top