Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/28/2002 9:16:18 AM EDT
I am a GI stationed in Germany, and have purchased these two AKs straight from Russia. Top one is a Junkers 3 air rifle, bottom is an AK-74 Rifle. They should get here in a couple weeks. On the Ak-74, basically the bolt and barrel are welded over. I bought an AMD-65 in Germany like that a few years ago. Sorry pics are a little big.

Link Posted: 12/28/2002 9:36:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome!  How much did it cost you, if I may ask?
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 9:39:45 AM EDT
[#2]
The guns themselves were cheap; About $180 each.  But it was shipping from Russia that is expensive. Plus customs fees, etc. Total for both inlcuding shipping was $620.
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 11:46:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/28/2002 4:05:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 12:21:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I am very aware that the full auto AK is not importable. I have not decided on if I want to cut it up, or just take the stock set and sell the rest to the Germans. The barrel was welded up prior to being installed, so the trunnion is still good. It makes a nice wall hanger for now.

I have asked the dealer that sold me these to see if he can get me some with semi auto receivers; the Russians do make a full military version of the the Saiga. (it still doesnt take hi caps)

Also, I already already have a dewatted SVD/Drag that I brought back from Kosovo with permission. My section has a M1A1 Thompson, some others have Yugo AKs, etc. The unwritten rule seems to be as long as you keep it at work, no one cares.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:18:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:35:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 5:44:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Nice looking side folder setup on the air rifle. And that Russian wood on the 74 is a dream.
Link Posted: 12/29/2002 6:04:20 AM EDT
[#9]
I changed the pic hoster- Yahoo would only work some of the time.

The Soviet Drag cant come back; Already asked ATF. Plus I cant seem to find anyone that has a bolt or barrel for sale. I thought about having a blank turned down, and maybe a ROMAK 3 or .308 SAIGA bolt fitted. It would be a shooter anyway.  

If I do bring back the parts from the 74, I will use them to build up a semi.

I will post some more pics when the guns get here.
Link Posted: 12/30/2002 2:38:16 PM EDT
[#10]
May I strongly suggest you buy every single AK-74 they offer you. Remove the stock sets, especially the lightning-cut buttstock...and sell them here.

There are folks willing to pay close to $200 for the butt alone.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Still waiting on more picture, hehe.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Couldn't this third hole be drilled in any recieve? Also, were the full-auto recievers alot harder than the semi's. What are the differeces in the matal.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 6:52:00 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Couldn't this third hole be drilled in any recieve? Also, were the full-auto recievers alot harder than the semi's. What are the differeces in the matal.

Yes, of course you could drill the 3rd hole!.... and you would be in total violation,
facing 10 years and $250K!
The MMG receivers are hardend properly, and as Bob said, the Junker's are not. You'd have to put in new rails anyways (in the Junker), so welding, hardening, refinishing will all have to be done regardless- no biggie. BUT......

Slottman, on December 31st 2002, the BATFE released a statement making the Junker air rifles and MMG dewats illegal to bring into the country, and FORM6's will not even be approved for them. The parts on both your MMG and Junker are specifically banned to begin with, let alone the MMG's status as an unregistered M.G.  Cut up or not, you would still be in violation. You might get the wood set in- should bring good $$$ from a collector, and if you get anything else, be thankful. Coming from Germany helps alot.
-C
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:31:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Chamberin;

I am well aware of the importation status of this stuff. About the only thing really salvagable from the MMG is the stock set, and some other small parts. Bringing stuff back is no problem.

Ekie bumped up this post from 6 months ago. I have a more recent one that has the guns complete.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:35:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Oh, I missed the other thread, no way for me to find that one now.  Only found this one cuz I had saved it, so simply replied and back to top it went.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:09:57 AM EDT
[#16]
hehehehehe- ooops my bad- where did the new post end up?
-C
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:00:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Hey, it looks kinda like the lower hanguard on the '74 is AKM style. It's still awesome though.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top