Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2010 9:32:35 PM EDT
http://i1187.photobucket.com/albums/z397/austexsig/IMG_20101208_142711-1.jpg

Not sure if this worked or not, guess I will find out after I post.  Here's a pic I took, not the greatest quality and still need to work on the finish.  Tru Oil is a great product although I still need to work on it.  It's a little too glossy but will be working on it with steel wool to buff it out.  The stuff is hard as a rock though!
Link Posted: 12/13/2010 11:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I like it!
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 2:40:37 AM EDT
[#2]
I agree that it's a tad too glossy but it still looks good.  Nice rifle.  B1s are my favorite AK variant by far.
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 5:59:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Very nice!  It will mellow out over time.  The glossiness will go down as it gets natural oils from your hands on it and dirt from every where else.  Unless you wanted to keep it that way, and the way you do that is with some wax (or shoe polish) and shine it like you would your shoes.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 12:08:36 PM EDT
[#4]
very nice, I wonder how well the tru-oil will hold up to heat from the barrel?  I need to get a finish for my hand gaurds I got ordered.  I'm thinking though the best thing would be BLO if it's gonna get hot....
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 12:37:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh damn, you know I never did think of the heat factor, that would suck if I ended up with some flameage!!  Thank you for the compliments, I am sure I can work on it some more and get it looking better...now I'm starting to 2nd guess myself on the tru oil.  that would not be good to have a lil combustion going on!
Link Posted: 12/14/2010 1:34:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oh damn, you know I never did think of the heat factor, that would suck if I ended up with some flameage!!  Thank you for the compliments, I am sure I can work on it some more and get it looking better...now I'm starting to 2nd guess myself on the tru oil.  that would not be good to have a lil combustion going on!

Well, I never worried about a flame up, but i know I did a Romy G stock up all nice and neat once, and finished it off with shellac, well i shot it at the range, and it all bubbled up.  I just said the hell with it and left it, not sure what i could put back on it to make it look good
Link Posted: 12/15/2010 10:28:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I don't know why I immidiately thought flame up, I think because of the youtube vid with the guy and the handguards on fire while firing full auto.  Hope the tru oil willl stand up to heat, as far as I can tell it is BLO with other oil and driers added.  Surely it will be ok..I hope
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top