Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 2/12/2006 6:12:28 PM EDT
I have been looking for a cost effective Mill drill, not being interested in a mini mill, I needed something larger. Most of the mills in the size that I was looking at were well over a grand. I have had my eye on this model at Harbor Freight, only to find on the Internet Web site that they have been discontinued.

However several of the Retail outlets still had them. The Mill costs $399.00 The Stand was another $80.00 not a necessity but a nice option, and of course I am not big on maintenance agreements, but with HF stuff I tend to get them, as they are complete "replacement" agreements. Wonder how they are going to do that since my item is discontinued (if something happens).

Anyway to make a long story longer, The sales associate gave me this deal, (conditional on purchasing the maint. agreement. (that is how they make thier $$$)). The deal was out the door tax and all

Mill,Stand,Maintenance agreement, Rotating angle vice. $415.0

Below are the specs

* Motor: 1/2 hp,120V, 8.5 amps, 1700 RPM
* 12 speeds: 300, 400, 540, 720, 900, 1040, 1500, 1740, 2100, 2260, 3100 and 3840 RPM
* Head rotates 360°
* Spindle taper: MT-2
* Spindle stroke: 3-3/8''
* Spindle diameter: 1.265''
* Drill capacity: 5/8''
* Face mill capacity: 1-1/2''
* Chuck to table: 10''
* Table size:16-1/2" X 6-1/16''
* Column diameter: 2.830''

Link Posted: 2/12/2006 8:05:08 PM EDT
[#1]
nice.  I had a Smithy 3 in one a while back , worked great for most small jobs.

OMP

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top