AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/14/2005 12:06:58 PM EDT
I believe the parts needed would be:
1.  Triangle folding stock
2.  folding stock trunion
3.  Romy or Bulgy FSB
4.  rivot kit
5.  muzzle brake

Did I miss anything?  Also, I'm assuming that a builder could install a Bulgy FSB on a Romy barrel.  Thanks in advance for any info.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:28:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I believe the parts needed would be:
1.  Triangle folding stock
2.  folding stock trunion
3.  Romy or Bulgy FSB
4.  rivot kit
5.  muzzle brake

Did I miss anything? Also, I'm assuming that a builder could install a Bulgy FSB on a Romy barrel.  Thanks in advance for any info.

First, you can not install a Bulgy FSB on a SAR-2. Wrong barrel diameter.

2nd, you can install a Romy FSB along with a US made 22mm brake, or a Romy if you can get your hands on one.

3rd, Folding stock is fine.

4th, The SAR has a 45% gas block, you need a 90% gas block if you want it to look like an AKS-74. The problem with this is that the Romys gas port is in the wrong place for the 90% block. It would have to be welded shut and a new one drilled.

It would be easier to get a complete Bulgy barrel assembly and swap it in.

I like my SAR-2 as it is, refinished with Romy FSB and brake.    
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:58:43 PM EDT
[#2]
This is for my bud's SAR-2.  He doesn't care about the 45 vs 90 gas block.  He is mainly interested in the folding stock and the ability to attach some sort of muzzle device.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:38:54 PM EDT
[#3]
An early AK 74 would have a 45 degree gas block.  I'm not sure if as early AKS would also.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:38:21 AM EDT
[#4]
My smith turned my ROMAK II into a AK-74 without too much trouble.  He used the BU FSB, and BU 90 deg GB.  Yep had to weld up port and redrill.    
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:21:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
This is for my bud's SAR-2.  He doesn't care about the 45 vs 90 gas block.  He is mainly interested in the folding stock and the ability to attach some sort of muzzle device.  

Well, thats pretty easy then, just thread the barrel, screw on one of the AK74 style brakes.

The SAR2 has a .5" barrel, so theres lots of stuff that will fit.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top