Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/7/2004 8:51:01 AM EDT
Hello, everyone.  Let me give you the run down.  I have a post 89 polytech with these US made parts:
1.  KVAR buttstock
2.  KVAR Handguards
3.  US Pistol Grip
4.  AK USA US made AK 74 style muzzle brake
5.  Gordon hammer
6.  Gordon sear
7.  Gordon disconnector

Ok.  So, I have 7 US made parts according to the parts count, so can I leave the US pistol grip alone, and change the buttstock and handguards for some foreign wood instead of the black plastic, or will that put me over the max foreign parts count?  Doing so will drop me to 5 US parts, I believe.  Thanks in advance for replies
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 9:09:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Since you have a muzzle brake, I believe you would have to swap out the gas piston to stay legal if you switch to the foriegn wood furniture.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Even though its a US made muzzle brake?
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:41:50 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 11:37:09 AM EDT
[#4]
What if you change the furniture on a sar to like a bulgarian stock set ????
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:36:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a Chinese buttstock and handguards on my Post Polytech.  I use the cheap US mfg mag followers and floor plates from RPBUSA to stay = or < 10 imported parts.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 2:46:41 PM EDT
[#6]
The Muzzle brake is an ADDED part - it doesn't change how many foreign parts you have in the
rifle - YOU HAVE TO LOSE foreign parts in order to REPLACE with foreign parts

ADD 2 Foreign parts = REPLACE with 2 US parts

Quoted:
Hello, everyone.  Let me give you the run down.  I have a post 89 polytech with these US made parts:
1.  KVAR buttstock
2.  KVAR Handguards
3.  US Pistol Grip
5.  Gordon hammer
6.  Gordon sear
7.  Gordon disconnector

Ok.  So, I have 7 US made parts according to the parts count, so can I leave the US pistol grip alone, and change the buttstock and handguards for some foreign wood instead of the black plastic, or will that put me over the max foreign parts count?  Doing so will drop me to 5 US parts, I believe.  Thanks in advance for replies

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:00:35 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The Muzzle brake is an ADDED part - it doesn't change how many foreign parts you have in the
rifle - YOU HAVE TO LOSE foreign parts in order to REPLACE with foreign parts

ADD 2 Foreign parts = REPLACE with 2 US parts

Quoted:
1.  KVAR buttstock
2.  KVAR Handguards
3.  US Pistol Grip
5.  Gordon hammer
6.  Gordon sear
7.  Gordon disconnector

NO NO NO....

He is riequired to have no more than 10 foreign parts.

On an AK that means 5 US Parts for stamped, 4 for milled.

He has this.

Since his muzzle break is US-made, it is not in the count.

As long as he has 5 US parts without the break attached, and the break is US-made, that is OK...
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:22:54 PM EDT
[#8]
OK - is my math wrong ?

Discounting the US muzzle break , he currently has 6 US parts installed.
THIS makes his rifle LEGAL - with 1 extra US part.

If he TAKES OFF 2 US parts ( buttstock and handguards) , and PUTS ON
2 FOREIGN Parts - THIS LEAVES ONLY 4 US PARTS

Am I missing something?
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 4:40:49 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Even if you add 50 US parts, no more than 10 furrin' parts is allowed.

Exactly.

I can not understand why everybody gets hung up on counting the US parts.
The law states no more than 10 countable imported  parts.
That's what they will be counting if it ever comes into question. Nobody gives a fat rat's ass how many US parts it has.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top