Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/23/2003 6:30:37 PM EDT
Oh yeah, I also got a 90% 1916 DWM Artillery Luger with all issue gear including holster, stock, matching mag, and snail drum. All leather is intact and in good shape.  I made him throw in the mags as part of the deal.

The sights register out to 800 meters! LOL.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Well at least post a picture !  

(Congratulations !)
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:33:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Wow, those things are pure sweet! To bad you can't "let fly" more then maybe once with a collectable item like that. Oh well, it will be an awesome thing to have anyway.
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 7:46:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Wouldn't the stock (mounted) make it NFA non-compliant?

Pics!
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 8:25:10 PM EDT
[#4]
It's cool on C&R guns.

There are some Browning HiPowers with slotted frames for stocks, as well as others.  As long as they are vintage, they are OK.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:00:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Sniper, as far as I know, only the 1941 Browning Hi Power is an NFA issue if the stock is added. I think there are some issues with certain Broomhandles (Mauser C-96). I could be wrong though.

The stock was obviously designed by a German, to get the stock away from the holster, you have to take two straps off, plus, there is a large screw at the bottom.  You would be dead if you had to do it in a hurry. This is probably why it is in such good condition, the owner surrendered instead of trying to be a hero with his oddball weapon.

I haven't figured out the new photo server yet.  As soon as I do, I will post a picture.
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:12:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:18:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Possibly looks like one of these?

or this:

I have one, an "SS" DWM, given to me by my Uncle who took it from an "SS" officer he killed in WWII, first pistol I ever fired, (I was 6). It's fancy nickel plated w/ all matching numbers, leather holster and 2 numbered mags (matching), also has several special SS markings, nice piece and only down-side is he (uncle) sold off the real-Ivory grips that were on it. it looks more like this:

Nice deal, obershutze916
Mike
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 3:27:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/24/2003 4:35:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Mr. Wilson, the pistol looks like your second picture. the stock is slightly different, but that is a mute point.

I had never seen a matching mag. and snail drum.

Campy, it is 9mm.  Surprisingly, all of my Lugers are WWI 9mm.

Aimless, it is my understanding that just the 1941 Browning has NFA restrictions.  I find it odd, but I don't have one anyway.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top