Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/27/2013 7:19:40 AM EDT
I have a PWS brake on a WASR - It shoots accurately, cuts recoil, but sits loose on the threads.  If I try t screw the brake all the way down to the crown, I can't time the retention pin correctly.  Should I leave the brake relatively loose but still held by the retention pin, or is there a way to shim it or something else?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:24:45 AM EDT
[#1]
The brake should have came with an O-ring for just such scenarios.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:24:47 AM EDT
[#2]
You can lightly use a sharpening stone to take off some metal of the back to correct the timing. I do this on all my brakes.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:31:32 AM EDT
[#3]
You can file/stone/grind it down a bit at the base until it makes a full rotation and the retention pin sits in its slot; just make sure you take off an even amount. Hopefully you have a large sharpening stone, it'll make this much easier; re-blue the base when you're done stoning it.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 10:54:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for thee replies.  Anyone know where to get the o-rings or what size?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Home Depot/Lowes, check the faucets section.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 2:48:20 PM EDT
[#6]
The O-rings PWS provides with their brakes are high temp silicone.  You'll want to get the same if you want it to last on that barrel.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 3:30:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought this  

and did this:

and is not loose anymore. The reason I made it this way is because my intentions weren't to tighten to much. I wanted to be able to easily remove the Tapco bird cage FH (in my case) whenever I want to clean the threads.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top