Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2009 3:48:39 PM EDT
I have looked to no avail for parts for my most recent build a Romanian PSL.  I am looking for a bolt catch, rivets (they are thicker than the AK ones on the rear trunion) and a cleaning kit (to put in my pouch).  Anyone with help finding who sells those things would be much appreciated.

Link Posted: 10/20/2009 9:03:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I 2nd this I am missing the bolt catch, and the rear rivets, noone seems to know where to get long ones.
Link Posted: 10/20/2009 6:52:57 PM EDT
[#2]
can someone like akbuilder not make some for you or turn some down?
Link Posted: 10/20/2009 7:27:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Not that I've found online.
Link Posted: 10/30/2009 6:29:29 AM EDT
[#4]
A dork in our build group bought one already built and it had the bolt catch.  Looking at it I would say it is pretty simple to fabricate (maybe I have found our thing).  When I first got my kit I asked Centerfiresystems about the bolt catch and they told me it should be in the receiver already.  I said great, I got the receiver from you and it's not there.  They said sorry, it did not come with one.  So let me know if anyone finds a bolt catch, otherwise I feel the need to fabricate some.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I used the regular rivets on the back of my PSL. They were a little short but turned out alright. They haven't come loose at all. If I were to do it over I would use 2 sets of long rivets per hole and cut them a bit short so there's about 3/16" on either side. Then use a shop press to press them in at each other.  that would give it a nice round surface on both sides and lots of strength. Just don't cut them too short. Then they fall out. :/
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top