Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/20/2003 4:10:43 PM EDT
Although I think it may be due to the mounts on my SAR-2's

Seems to have a little wobble in the mounts ,you can see oil squeeze out when you push the scope left to right.

When my groups with the scope are worse than with irons, something is wrong.

Will try it on the inrange 74 next weekend.   The mount is like Iron on it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Although I know this is as helpfull as a football bat, but there is a way to tighten the mounting lever on the scope. I had the same problem with my first PSO-6, but after adjusting it, it tightened right down and became rock solid.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 4:54:06 PM EDT
[#2]
The mounting lever on the scope is fine and I can adjust the tension at will, I am farmiliar with the technique and the link to it on Tantal's site.

It is the rail(s) on the reciever that have a slight flex.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 4:57:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:24:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I just cant believe it is anything but a rail problem unless I got a bum scope.

Occam sez: It's the rail, stupid!

The Inrange 74 with the rock solid rail should tell the tale.  Not to mention that it groups better than any Romanian 5.45 I have shot.

Next weekend will tell the tale.   Unless the New River is divable next saturday.  Viz goes way up in fall and there is a 72 foot deep natural hole in the bottom.

Not many river dives you can theoretically get bent doing.  You can hit NDL before running out of air there but I digress.

I think I have exceeded the 'scope' of this thread.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 8:05:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe so, but it is definatly one of the most interesting hijacks I've ever seen.

Feel free to carry on.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 2:25:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 9:34:40 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Occam sez: It's the rail, stupid!

This "Occam" dude - this the guy with the razor ??
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 6:33:43 AM EDT
[#8]
My SAR2 eventually did the same thing. Seems the 2lbs was too much for it. I just had the rail welded and the gun parked. My SAR1 and Bulgy kit build have survived the PO weight, but the SAR2 did not.
Link Posted: 9/26/2003 6:17:57 PM EDT
[#9]

1.6: What is Occam's Razor?

Ockham's Razor ("Occam" is a Latinised variant) is the principle proposed by William of Ockham in the fifteenth century that "Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate", which translates as "entities should not be multiplied unnecessarily". Various other rephrasings have been incorrectly attributed to him. In more modern terms, if you have two theories which both explain the observed facts then you should use the simplest until more evidence comes along. See W.M. Thorburn, "The Myth of Occam's Razor," Mind 27:345-353 (1918) for a detailed study of what Ockham actually wrote and what others wrote after him.

The reason behind the razor is that for any given set of facts there are an infinite number of theories that could explain them. For instance, if you have a graph with four points in a line then the simplest theory that explains them is a linear relationship, but you can draw an infinite number of different curves that all pass through the four points. There is no evidence that the straight line is the right one, but it is the simplest possible solution. So you might as well use it until someone comes along with a point off the straight line.

Also, if you have a few thousand points on the line and someone suggests that there is a point that is off the line, it's a pretty fair bet that they are wrong.

Link Posted: 9/26/2003 6:19:46 PM EDT
[#10]
It was the rails

It was tending to group in two places depenting whether I was putting pressure on the eyeshade or not.

It shot a nice 1 1/4 group at 50m on my Inrange 74 this evening so not the scope.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top