Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Polish
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/13/2005 2:51:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 3:07:12 PM EDT by BB]
I'm buying one of these kits and I was wondering, who makes a US made brake I can use as one of my US compliant parts? Will a AK74 style brake work on these?

Where is a good place to buy my compliance parts? I'm thinking I want a good FCG, I think the G2 is what my US-AK-103K has in it, I'd like to use that as it's pretty nice; and a US gas piston, and the Armory 1mm receiver, is that all I need? Where can I get all this stuff at a good price?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:04:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/13/2005 6:05:57 PM EDT by Mantis]
Brownells sells them. I'm think they are US made, but you may want to call to find out for sure.

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=5735&title=AK+MUZZLE+BRAKE
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:25:54 AM EDT
Thanks! I looked around and found a few sources for these parts, but now I'm confused about which versions I need; does the PMKMS use a single hook or double hook G2 trigger? I think I want the type 2 7.62 Armory receiver, right? Do I need the trunion or any other options?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 12:02:00 PM EDT
I have a double hook trigger in my pmkms. Works great, just make sure that the reciever that you get is cut for a double hook trigger, or you will have to cut it yourself.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:27:25 PM EDT
Armory USA receivers are cut for the double-hook FCG, so you can use either single- or double-hook innards. I went with the double-hook myself-- after looking at them in my Chinese guns for almost twenty years, it just looks like AK parts. Yes: Type-2, one mm, 7.62 caliber. Do yourself a favor and get (at least) one of the grip reinforcement plates sold by Ohio Rapid Fire (and others)-- it will make your grip feel much more solid and make your lower last longer, but they have to be spot-welded in. (rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi/agora.cgi?cart_id=6943113.28146*YK4Wz4&product=AK_Parts&cart_id=6943113.28146*Sr14i8, second one down. Todd is Bob's business partner.) Compliance: I'm going receiver, FCG, gas piston, and a muzzle device from the guy TravisAasen told us all about (thanks, Trav, we all owe you a beer-- I'm working on a way to send it via the Internet)! Now to save up the money for a press and a Plinker's jig-- oh yeah, and order more kits-- --and don't forget the GunKote or Norrell's-- Brownell has both.

One more thing: if you use an Armory or other stock-AK receiver, you'll need a regular safety, because the original Tantal safety rides too low. Global Trades happens to have some Polish safeties that fit the bill-- symmetry, no?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:46:56 AM EDT
Thanks Ductapeman!

Is there no way to use the original safety on the Tantal? I thought I saw a thread where someone (greenlight?) had figured out how to do it. If not, I can hold off on the Tantal until someone does.

But the PMKMS underfolder has a standard AK safety right?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:03:39 AM EDT
BB, I haven't had enough time to fiddle with my kit to figure out if the original safety can be used with an Armory receiver. I had heard rumors that Chris/cw_toyota was working on a proper Tantal receiver, but he's dropped completely off the radar-- the price of building a better mousetrap (or in his case, a better Yugo receiver). Hopefully someone will step up to bat before long. And yes, the PMKMS uses regular AKM parts.
Page AK-47 » Polish
Top Top