Pretty solid little red dot optic.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:27:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Pretty nice. What optic rail are ya usein'? Madtechcool
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:40:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
What optic rail are ya usein'?

Tantal's MPK,  I was actually able to use the longer screws with the Norinco receiver, with a good drill bit it's a piece of cake.
It (the plate) should hold zero (there's no-where for it to move!), but welding is always another possibility if necessary.
I did it the "Afgan way",  didn't even remove the FCG, just cut off the hex wrench to get clearance to tighten the bolts.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 11:20:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Shot the Norinco at the range with the PK-A.
I almost forgot what a great shooting rifle this is, I've had it since 1993, paid $291 for it new with a 75 round drum magazine, a 40 rounder and a 5 rounder from some place that used to be in Atlanta.  It's serial number is 92 019xx and it's barrel nut wasn't welded, but the rivet was in the magazine well.  I've probably only put around 500 rounds through it since I got her.

Using old copper washed Norinco ammo, perfect functioning and no problem shooting the center out of a target at 50 and 100 yards all day.  I'd estimate about 2-3 MOA.

With the PK-A and AK74 style muzzle brake, rapid fire from the bipod is simple and efficient.  On my example, no evidence of barrel droop even hotter than hades. My only problem is that I should have taken more ammo, with this girl a couple of drums and five 30 rounders don't last long at all.
A lot of guys post pics of beautiful RPK builds here all the time, if they function as good as this old girl you guys have got some really nice hardware.

I'd like a RPK-74 myself, to keep this one company.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top