Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/11/2007 4:04:11 AM EDT
I have a PK-AS that I have had for about a year and have used very little and only at the range. It is mounted on a Bulgy SLR-105R. About a month ago I took it to the range and the red dot wouldn't come on. So  the following day I went to the store and picked up some new batteries for it. I got the 357 coin batteries and replaced the ones in it with them. The red dot has not come on since. I bought more batteries and tried them thinking maybe the other ones were dead to, no luck.
I emailed Kalinka Optics about it and there reply was that they do not offer any kind of repairs or service for their products. They did say to try cleaning the contact surfaces with an alcoohol swab because they sometimes get dirty. That was it nother info at all. tried that didn't work. so now I have a $200 + RED DOT with no RED DOT. Can still see the black dot, but I would like it to work like it is supposed too.
Does anyone have any suggestions, know anyone who could fix it?  
Link Posted: 4/11/2007 6:50:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/15/2007 2:41:49 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

I have a PK-AS that I have had for about a year ...

If you had it less than one year, what about the warranty? The quote is from their site.

Kalinka Optics Warehouse® offers its Unbeatable Full 12-month Factory Warranty and 15 day money back guarantee on all products sold against defects in workmanship and materials for one year from date of purchase. Kalinka Optics Warehouse® can not be held responsible for any damage incurred due to misuse.

Link Posted: 4/22/2007 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I emailed them and said they to try cleaning the battery contacts with alcohol. They also said they have no facility for repairs and that was it. Nothing about where i could send it to for repairs or anything.
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top