Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2004 4:41:17 PM EDT
(x-post from GD)

I'll do a more extensive review after I take it out to the range and get my digital camera, but for now I'll give my first impressions. I'll start with the purchase.

My PK-01V came from the POSP store, located in Belarus. To my knowledge, this is the only current source for this sight - the two US based sellers of POSP optics, Tantal and Freedom Optics do not have them in stock. The POSP website does not appear to accurately reflect what they have currently available, so email them to verify what is. The POSP store uses the iKobo money transfer service. Signing up is free, but iKobo charges a flat 4% fee on all transfers (sight + fee = $161.20). Arranging the iKobo service was the longest part of the transaction. Namely, because iKobo verifies credit card ownership by charging a fraction of the total transaction, which the user then inputs to complete the transfer after getting it from the credit card company. For some reason it took a full week for the amount to show up on my online credit card statement. The sight came via EMS 5 days after Serhei, the POSP representative, indicated he had sent it out.

With the optic comes a black vinyl case, a small allen-type wrench, and what looks like a very informative manual containing ballistics data and more, except that it is in Russian and thus totally useless to me. Are there any readers of this board able and willing to translate? Anyway, it did not come with any batteries, which was not a big deal because it takes the household AAA variety.

The optic and v-clamp mount feel pretty hefty in-hand. The mount places it about as low as a side-mount rail could, and slightly off centerline. Because it is so low, you can use the iron-sights, which line up in the bottom of the optic's window starting at the 300m setting. This version of the optic came with rubber end-caps.

I'll have more to say after I can shoot with it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:22:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 7:32:04 PM EDT
[#2]
The auto-adjusting model is the original PK-01.  The PK-01V has manual adjustment, and does not suffer from the problem of dot washout when aiming at a bright or illuminated target from a low-light environment.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#3]
mounted on the SAR-1

Not the greatest pic of the view.  The artifact in the upper portion of the optic tube is actually a reflection of the camera, so in reality it is much clearer.  But it does give you an idea of the relation of the optic to the iron sight axis.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:25:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow, it sits much lower than my Kobra. I might have to get one for my SAR-1.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:23:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AK-47 » Optics & Accessories
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top