Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/1/2011 8:34:35 PM EDT
I didn't know how to catagorize this one by nation of origin..

I've decided to give: http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/rifles/ak-pattern-rifles/p/cai-ak-47-gp75-7-62x39-american-made-receiver-barrel-/cPath/209_214/products_id/2128?osCsid=4453e5f75f5cd19ccb9ea61dcf9564b4 a shot.
Has a nice price point for a tad bit more than I was already going to spend on a WASR. Anyone know much about these?
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 11:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't trust US barrels and would go for a WASR myself with the chromelined barrel.  I'd also buy locally and hand select with a Century rifle.  I've bought a few and never had an issue when buying and inspecting face to face.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 2:53:59 AM EDT
[#2]
As builders use more and more US made parts, I would exercise increased caution, especially with Century.  I just sent a rifle back to them for keyholing bullets out of the US made barrel.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 3:31:59 AM EDT
[#3]
A GP75 is a Romy G parts kit built up on a US recvr, and US barrel(?). A kit-build done by a Century subcontracter... buyer beware.

At least with a WASR you will get the correct arsenal barrel. You can get a WASR from full-tilt 922'd pre-ban configs to 100% ban-config thumb-hole low-cap - but always with a correct arsenal barrel.

And any WASR issues are easily addressed by Century, at least in my experiences.
Link Posted: 2/2/2011 8:52:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I don't trust US barrels and would go for a WASR myself with the chromelined barrel.  I'd also buy locally and hand select with a Century rifle.  I've bought a few and never had an issue when buying and inspecting face to face.

+1

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top