Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/12/2006 11:51:11 PM EDT
got a great price, hope they come in as i was told. (in a week)

How do these compare build quality wise to the SAR rifles.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:34:43 AM EDT
[#1]
tag.i have 1 on thr way too.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:51:23 AM EDT
[#2]
where are you getting these from?
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:27:51 AM EDT
[#3]
centerfire
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:05:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
got a great price, hope they come in as i was told. (in a week)

How do these compare build quality wise to the SAR rifles.

Way better!  I have both, a '00 SAR-1 and an M70AB2 in the 600 range and the M70 is a much nicer rifle.  It's hard to believe that the CAI monkeys could build such a rifle
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven't researched CenterFire's prices yet, but Atlantic FA has an AR-15.com discount for anyone who's interested. $499.95 pus $20 shipping. Not bad price and quick service. I am satisfied on the deal and the rifle.

Col Kurtz Too
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 10:41:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Picked mine up from my dealer.Nice looking rifle!came with two 30rd mags,mag pouch,sling,bayonet,and cleaning kit.rifle is nice and tight!im gonna fire it some this weekend and ill post a report afterward,along with pics.also,this came from centerfire. i got it for $480.00 out the door!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 11:16:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Will CAI be selling the barrels seperately from the yugos?

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:47:40 PM EDT
[#8]
One on the way next week too.  Whats the thread size?  I want a 74 Brake on mine.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:49:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I haven't researched CenterFire's prices yet, but Atlantic FA has an AR-15.com discount for anyone who's interested. $499.95 pus $20 shipping. Not bad price and quick service. I am satisfied on the deal and the rifle.

Col Kurtz Too

$399 from centerfire.  Next batch due in early next week all will be sold on back order.  I missed the batch last week 140 rifles sold in two day literally.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 12:58:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I bought one last night. It came with 2 Yugo magazines, cleaning kit, bayonet/frog and magazine pouch. The wood is excellent on mine, though I have seen some that are crappy....Tritium has been removed from night sights, but is replacible. I looked at Vector folders, however I don't like the shorter length of pull and the Asian style folding stock. I like how the Yugo's are built on RPK recievers and have the longer straight line stock. IMO, this is probably the best folder thats out there. Yugo's are extremely durable, well built guns.... You guys who have yours on order will be very, very, very pleased. Fit and finish is excellent, with variations in the wood quality. Some are better than others, but I doubt any are horrible. Mine is the most accurate 7.62x39 AK I have ever shot. I will be adding the "grenade launcher" instead of the AKM slant brake for authenticities sake, and also to launch my practice grendades accross the yard. My only complaint is that its heavy, espcially when loaded. Its noticibly heavier than the Vector and other more traditional AK's. The bolt hold open, night sights, grenade launcher sight, NATO l.o.p. and straight line folding stock make it one of the best 7.62 AK's....certainly right up there with a Valmet. IMO, Yugo's are the best "availible" 7.62 AK's.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 3:17:32 PM EDT
[#11]
The trick to low prices is getting one!!! SOG was sold out. Others I tried to contact never replied. So, you work your way down to who HAS them and go from there. I would like to get another and keep it on hand. These are very good rifles even being built from parts kits. That 1.6 receiver is the nuts.

The only problem I have had so far is the shepherds crook. I cut the safety lever for bolt hold open and had a hard time getting that hook to stay in place on reassembly. Take a look at yours and you will see it is made different from anything I have ever seen.

col Kurtz Too
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:37:33 PM EDT
[#12]
put 120 rounds through mine this evening,ran 100%!accurate as my sar-1 and norinco!i highly recommend!ill post pics monday!
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 4:54:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
....Tritium has been removed from night sights, but is replacible.

Is there someone offering replacement vials of tritium for the night sights? I'd sure like to get mine functional if I can.
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 7:28:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I told my dealer about a week and a half ago I would like one.  Don't know where she got them, but she had 3 come in today.   I got to hand pick mine (none of them looked bad) and picked the only one that still had the Zastava Yugoslovia markings present (very crisp, sharp stamping!) on the left side of the trunion.  All 3 displayed nice workmanship.  All were parkerized.  All barrels appeared new inside (non chromed) with rifling that looked like it might be a little shallower than on other AKs.  All came with 2 mags, bayonet, sling, mag pouch, oiler, and buttstock cleaning kit.  She had them priced at $499 (mine was $449...the "good customer/friend" price).  None of the tritium sights were useable.  All the wood needed some linseed oil due to dryness.  None had any obvious leftover sandblasting grit in them.  2 of the 3 had a discoloring (it was darker) on the forward edge of the receiver cover.  Upon stripping mine, I saw no matching numbers where present.   All the folding stocks locked up tight.  In my opinion, the buyer would be pleased.  The receiver is marked on the left side with serial number, model and maker info.  
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:11:38 PM EDT
[#15]
i picked out mine and put it on layaway(only had 300 on me)...but my guy has four more if anyone is interested...he is in southern nh...just an FWIW...chris
Link Posted: 1/13/2006 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#16]
tag -  Stampped underfolder?

I was looking at these on Center Fire

$399...  might be fun, truck gun.  replace my SAR-1.

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#17]
so should i just call them every few hours for an update? j/k

What did they tell you guys who ordered them about when they would com in?
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 11:09:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
so should i just call them every few hours for an update? j/k

What did they tell you guys who ordered them about when they would com in?

Place an order at Centerfire.  J&G sales will not have any till mid February, Classic Arms did not know they were coming in, AimSurplus does not have them, and just avoid JoeKen and Military Gun Supply out of hand.  Can't speak for S.O.G. since they will not sell to non-FFL I suspect thier out too.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:00:03 PM EDT
[#19]
just rec a yugo fixed stock, very nice, lots better then centerfires yugo*s, bluing was 90%, wood was 80% or better, bore still ruff, has rifling, just worn bad, overall 100% better then centerfire.
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#20]
I wonder if they will crank out some fixed stock rifles at soem point?  Hmm...probably not, anyone looking fora cheap AK will probably just go the WASR route.  Only "coolectors" are going to apprecaite the features of the Yugo, and I bet the reason they built up Yugo's was they make for cheap underfolders, which DO have a big draw in teh AK market.

Guess I'll just have to get a parts kit and knock one together on my own!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#21]
I just got back from the range with mine.  Put 200rds of brown bear through it as that was the only 7.62x39 I could find locally.  It shot very nicely.  My friend complained of some trigger slap but I didn't notice.  Accuracy seemed good on it, mechanically it ran all 200 rounds without a problem or a hitch.  About 80 of those were put through as double taps which not only got the hand guards smoking and also got the handguards to rattle loose...  Other than the really loose handguards I really like it.  Seems like a really good rifle for the price and I shall look forward to putting many many many more rounds down the barrel.  

Link Posted: 1/14/2006 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
certainly right up there with a Valmet. IMO, Yugo's are the best "availible" 7.62 AK's.  

Are you actually saying your CAI Yugo is comparable to a Valmet?

Link Posted: 1/15/2006 6:41:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/15/2006 11:29:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes, actually I am saying that Yugo AK's are "comperable" to a Valmet. I didn't say that my Century Yugo AK is better than a Valmet, only that Yugoslavian AK's are superior weapons and offer comperable performance to the Valmet. Century AK's are representative of "rack grade" AK's, especially the GP WASR which is just that. Where the reciever is made*USA or otherwise* and whats stamped on the side doesn't affect how the weapon functions. I am not advocating for CAI, only stating that if made properly, who makes it is of no consequence. My comment was based on comparing a "rack grade" Valment to a "rack grade" Yugo M70 as carried by thier respective soldiers. Many 7.62 AK's are straight forward copies of the original Russian AKM, however thier are a few variants which stand apart and are an improvement.

The Valmet is an example of this, as is the Yugo M70. Besides local ideosyncracies, accuracy/reliability of the "top tier" improved AK's should be very similar, if not identical. I guess if I paid four thousand dollars for an AK and fifty bucks a magazine I would be very sensitive if anyone compared a less expensive weapon to it. I would be interested to hear why you think a Valmet is so much better than a Yugo M70. If you tell me its more accurate, you had better have targets from both to prove it, not anectdotal evidence based on a comparison of your Valmet to a single stack WASR.Without the targets, that argument is bullshit. Besides the exact copies, many countries added thier own features to thier AK's to suite thier needs. Being different doesn't make it superior, nor does an inflated price. While a Valmet is certainly a much better rifle than an AKM copy from Tabuk or Romania, I don't see how its so much better than a M70 or Galil. Besides small local differences, they all offer similar, if not identical accuracy/reliability.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:16:37 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Ryno, I misunderstood what you were saying. I thought you were comparing a CAI bulid with the US non-chrome lined barrel.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 9:55:23 PM EDT
[#26]
If anyone else has an order through centerfire and gets any info on when they are coming in post up.

Im looking foward to this rifle, what sucks though is that i don't have another 7.62 AK anymore so i don't have any ammo, and it is sold out everywhere!

Link Posted: 1/17/2006 5:09:26 AM EDT
[#27]
We're sold out again.  We have another 150 on the way.  The price is $399.97 each.  Flat rate shipping of $9.99 plus adult signature tag $3.25 per box.  (A box will hold up to 5 guns) Pam is taking backorders now.

Please call Pam directly and mention you are an AR15.com member.  800-915-3346

Thanks Everyone!

Lois Luttrell
Centerifre Systems, Inc.
Bluebroker.com
[email protected]
800-915-3346
Link Posted: 1/17/2006 2:56:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Pam has got me down for 2.  
~Kudos Guys!~
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 2:27:52 PM EDT
[#29]
so any word on when these are coming.

I was told 1 week.  which was 2 weeks ago.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:50:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Well I have a $97 Yugo underfolder parts kit coming in soon.

No need to wait when I can build it myself

FREE
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:49:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Hey Lois,
Can you answer this for me.... I see on your web site that it doesn't include a bayonet and only has a 5 round magazine. They should have 2 30 rd magazines. Is Centerfire reselling these and putting 5 rounders in their place as well as the bayonet?? Just asking because I have one ordered too, and was told mid February, but I want everything that came from Century.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 8:29:43 PM EDT
[#32]
Okay, I guess I'll stop digging for Yugos in stock and just place an order for a couple through CFS tomorrow.
Link Posted: 1/30/2006 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#33]
Someone post a picture with bayo in place please?Im going to order a backodered one soon!
Link Posted: 1/31/2006 2:12:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Two Yugos from a gun store in MS joined my collection today (pardon the crappy pic)...
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 8:48:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Called my order in today to CFS. Pam said more rilfes will be in the second week of February.
I can't wait that long!

JoeLad
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#36]
Aim just sold out of the 30 that they got in yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 1:56:32 PM EDT
[#37]
I ordered one from AIM when they opened this morning.  Saw the post online last night.  

Are they fast on shipping?
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 5:07:08 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
i picked out mine and put it on layaway(only had 300 on me)...but my guy has four more if anyone is interested...he is in southern nh...just an FWIW...chris

hv3apbt,
Who is selling the Yugo AKs in Southern NH?  I'm interested in picking one up.  Thanks in advance.
1sedona
Link Posted: 2/1/2006 6:48:50 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I ordered one from AIM when they opened this morning.  Saw the post online last night.  

Are they fast on shipping?

They've always shipped my stuff out quickly.  They're a really good vendor in my book.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top