Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/3/2006 2:20:02 AM EDT
What is the recommended method for attached optics - dot - to a Yugo UF.

I would like the iron sights to be also available.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:34:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Help a brother out. I am interested also
TIA
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:47:56 PM EDT
[#2]
There are many ways of doing it, but the only proper way is to(will be tough, quick detach and many more options, which other mounts don't offer):
For full stock AKs attach a standard side rail.
For Under folding stocks attach a thick side rail (it has to be thicker so that the UF button isn't blocking the rail.)
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:55:38 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
There are many ways of doing it, but the only proper way is to(will be tough, quick detach and many more options, which other mounts don't offer):
For full stock AKs attach a standard side rail.
For Under folding stocks attach a thick side rail (it has to be thicker so that the UF button isn't blocking the rail.)

Pics please if you have them?  I am in the same boat.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 11:55:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Correct me if I am wrong, but an underfolder will not allow a side mount scope because of the stock when folded will interfere with the scope and its mount.  If you do not intend to fold it then it will work.  The only option is something like the replacement Ultimak railed gas tube, but I do not think they will fit the Yugo models.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 2:53:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Side mount on an underfolder:
Reguler rail will not work because the underfoder button will block it.
Thick rail (reguler rail with spacer which makes it further from the receiver) will work, however optict will have to be taken off for the underfolder to close.

Ultimak will not work on a yugo.

This is the link to the picture of side rail on an underfolder (tantal's page): http://tantal.kalashnikov.guns.ru/opticsap.html
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Ultimak emailed me and said they would have a mount for the Yugo UF this summer.
Page AK-47 » Yugoslavian & Serbian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top