Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 2/12/2017 10:33:59 AM EDT
The Red Star ones sound nice, but it sounds like you need to remove some metal to put them in, which I'd rather not do. Not sure about the Tapco G2 . Any personal experience here?
Link Posted: 2/12/2017 12:29:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't need to remove any material to install the RSA into my PSL. The ALG would be my next choice.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 11:14:09 PM EDT
[#2]
The G2 that came in my gun was worse than a stock trigger.  Quality control at Tapco sucks.
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 2:59:30 PM EDT
[#3]
For those of us still with stock triggers, just what does the RSA trigger group buy us?
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 7:32:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For those of us still with stock triggers, just what does the RSA trigger group buy us?
View Quote

Adjustable pre travel and over travel.  Its pretty slick if you can't do that kind of smithing yourself.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 3:55:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the ALG/Geissele, its beautiful I had to install the extra spring it was so light.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:18:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I put the alg akt  trigger in mine. So very much nicer.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:30:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The G2 that came in my gun was worse than a stock trigger.  Quality control at Tapco sucks.
View Quote

Mine was all vague and mushy.  Right up to the time it burst fired.

Have you ever done a seven round full auto burst from a PSL?

I was quite surprised but kept all rounds on the paper at 100 yards.  I also packed the gun and gear up and went straight home.  Took the trigger and hammer parts out and beat them to death with a bfh.

And the ordered a Red Star trigger.  What a world of difference, worth every penny and was a straight drop in and adjust exercise.  No metal removal at all OP.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 12:34:12 AM EDT
[#8]
I've still got the issue FCG in my PSL. I tried a different one, but didn't like it, so went back to the original set up.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 2:08:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Arsenal 2 stage in mine.  I polished it up until it was buttery smooth and I love how predictable it is.
Link Posted: 2/20/2017 9:09:11 AM EDT
[#10]
I had a G2 trigger in a 5.45 AK that worked great.  Amazingly good.  Upgraded that rifle to the AKT.

Put that amazing G2 into a PSL.  Same trigger in the PSL was still light, but had a long bumpy take up.  Obviously some difference in the geometry of the receiver holes.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 8:21:13 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a RSA trigger group in my FPK from TGI, it is great, 4.5 pound 2 stage clean breaking trigger.
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top