Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/10/2003 5:52:09 PM EDT
All of you,

I went up to Ohio Rapid Fire today and the contents of the mystery box were finally shown to me.....

I am honored to know that quite a few of you thought enough of my service in the desert to present me with such a memorable tribute.  This one will definitely be a wall hanger with the magazine which has all of your names on it.

My personal thanks to each and every one of you.  Especially the fine folks at Ohio Rapid Fire.  Mike (me223) it's a top notch build.  Chuck (300ydclean) I really appreciate the authentic Russian AK-74 Owners Manual.

Barry, if you were the one who did the finishing work on the furniture....I think you can quit your day job and go into business refinishing AK furniture.  It's beautiful.

I will carry it proudly at Knob Creek for all of you to see, if you are able to make the trip.

Troy Deaton
"KF"

Bulgarian AK-74
Ironwood Furniture
Redstar Arms FCG
Bayonet

Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:06:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like the boys want you to put out more.

Thank you for your service and welcome home.
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2003 8:51:14 PM EDT
[#3]
 You got to do something that we all wanted to do, carry the fight to those rotten pieces of shit over there in their mud huts.

You did your part, and we tried to do ours for you.

Chuck
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 8:17:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Your welcome Krink.  We just wanted to say thanks.

Brick
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 9:43:02 PM EDT
[#5]
ORF did a great job on that rifle, very cool that its on a pre-ban receiver!
Thanx for your service Krink!!
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 1:35:57 AM EDT
[#6]
It's built on an OOW receiver.

The first picture may fool you the way the bayonet is attached to the end of the barrel.  There was just enough lug left to barely hold the bayonet in place.  It's all 922r compliant.

Thanks again!

Troy
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 2:01:42 AM EDT
[#7]
That's awesome.

By the way, thanks, krinkfreak.  I hope when it's your time to pass (God willing, not for some time yet), they play the pipes at your service.  I've always thought bagpipes were an honorable sendoff, and certainly you deserve such.
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 3:29:17 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/12/2003 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
It's built on an OOW receiver.

The first picture may fool you the way the bayonet is attached to the end of the barrel.  There was just enough lug left to barely hold the bayonet in place.  It's all 922r compliant.

Thanks again!

Troy

oops, had me fooled.
Link Posted: 9/16/2003 7:31:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Congrate krink on the AK, looks like a sweet one.
Glad to see another guy who chewed some of the same dirt on here.  I got back from there 6 weeks ago. Still missing the brothers and sisters still over there doing what needs to be done.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top