Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2003 3:14:26 PM EDT
I just spent 30 minutes with the opener and what a pain the ass, especially for the corners to open, is this normal? I used the sharp edge to punch down on the can. First time I ever brought this kind of ammo in a can thing.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly it just takes practice.  I have opened hundreds of these spam cans and have gotten pretty good at it.  Once you get a good rythem going you just cruise along.  The corners are usually the hardest part.

There are some cans that just refuse to open though. You may have had one of those, they just suck.  I usually end up using a huge screw driver and a set of channel locks.  In this even I recomend gloves and lots of foul language, the foul language really does help.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 4:26:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Spam cans are fun, when you get the wiff of new ammo.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 6:12:18 PM EDT
[#3]
At least you got one of the openers, not all cans come with one esp. milsurp.
Sounds like my avg experience with those...
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 9:07:24 PM EDT
[#4]
EZ open technique:  use a grinder/sander (dremel tool) to remove the sealed lip/lid of the sardine can...

Works like a charm...of course its not as FUN as using the tool.
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top