Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2005 2:56:00 PM EDT
I am trying to attach a mini14 stock like THIS to my Ak. It is a stamped Saiga converted with pistol grip. It is 7.62x39 if that matters. It currently has a US made synthetic stock on it. I want to convert it to accept this stock. I was considering the Ace reciever block. Do I have any other options that do not require a huge amount of work? I have a friend who is a amazing welder and thought he could even shorten up the Butler Creek stock for me if it was too long with the Ace adaptor.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:35:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I have not done one of these Butler Creek stocks before.  It looks like it will be pretty straight forward, but it will require some work.  I don't really like the Ace adaptor, (I used one on a Saiga 12 guage shotgun pistol grip conversion.).  I think that it is too long.  Perhaps you can find a machinist to make a short adaptor that would take the place of your rear trunion and then rivet it in the receiver.  Then attach your Butler Creek stock to the new trunion/adaptor.

Yours,
One Rusty Nut.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 4:56:23 AM EDT
[#2]
I just finished my project. Here is a LINK.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 6:32:03 AM EDT
[#3]
Great job!  Well done!

Yours,
One Rusty Nut.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top