Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/9/2006 8:26:43 PM EDT
I recently acquired a Galil folding stock and I want to adapt it to fit my Arsenal SA M-5.  Any recommendations on who to go to about fabricating a receiver block or possibly modifying an existing one?
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 5:29:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Damn!  I have been kicking around this idea for awhile now.  After I finish a couple of other projects, I was going to start working on this.  It really shouldn't take too long to fab one up especially since I have a mill to work with

If you get one done before I have a chance to start on it, please drop me an email and I will do the same for you.

Link Posted: 3/10/2006 3:00:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Unfortunately, I'm not in a position to do the work myself.  I ordered an ACE internal receiver block for milled receivers to see if it can be modified to work.  If not, I may just fabricate a model out of wood and send it to someone to machine for me.
Link Posted: 3/10/2006 7:50:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Ever tried emachineshop?

SRM
Link Posted: 3/11/2006 7:04:48 AM EDT
[#4]
If you got me all the dimensions, I could machine it for you. I can make it out of 4140 or A2, your choice.

I've done something vaguely similiar before with my on-going .45AK project. It wasn't a Galil folder, but one that I made. Have any pics of a Galil folder (close-up on reciever mounting part preferably)?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top