Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/8/2004 9:09:09 PM EDT
I posted a month or so back about some issues I was having with my SEAK. Mike at ORF got me squared away and had me ship the rifle back. ORF remedies the issues and ships the rifle back via FEDEX on SEPT. 1st. Using the tracking number, all it says is picked up afternoon of SEPT. 1st. 40 mins later the package info is transmitted to FEDEX. A couple of hours later it reads "In transit". All three updates occurred on SEPT. 1st. and the only city listed was Dayton, OH. Since then there is no activity. Usually there are umpteen updates similar to "arrived at Fedex sort facility", "scanned at Fedex sort facility", "departed Fedex sort facility", etc.

So I contact Fedex late afternoon on SEPT. 7th and they start a trace stating that it'll probably show up on it's scheduled delivery date of SEPT. 7th. 7th goes by, I knew it wasn't going to show because I called our local shipper and they stated Fedex had already been here. 8th goes by without a call from Fedex that was supposed to come due to the trace and still no package. I contact Fedex again and advise that this package contains a firearm.

On the evening of the 8th I contact Fedex customer service and ask for a supervisor advising the customer service rep that she probably doesn't get paid enough to put up with the a$$-chewing I'm going to administer.

I wanted to be angry but realized that the poor person on the other end of the phone isn't at fault and being mad really won't help me out. So I calmly and politely speak to a helpful supervisor who advises it is definitely odd that the package hasn't been scanned for a week. I advise her that this package contains a firearm and that it isn't an average, run-of-the-mill firearm. She states she'll get right on it and contact me on the 9th. She believes it has just been misplaced.

The really sad part is that when I shipped this to ORF at the beginning of August, it went out on a Monday afternoon and was at ORF that Wednesday. I was absolutely amazed that it only took two days. I guess this is payback.

Thanks for reading.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 12:25:52 AM EDT
good luck! i know i'd be a little stressed out. i had a lower go missing at DPMS a couple years ago. i had shipped it back through the dealer..there was a mix up with the dealer vs. my address at the factory.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:02:57 AM EDT
That does suck!!!! Keep us posted....
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:11:04 AM EDT
give it a little more time
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 5:20:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 10:16:52 AM EDT
Not surprising. FEDEX destroyed my SEAK hardcase. Luckily, nothing fell out in transit.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 11:59:21 AM EDT
fedex left my seak on my doorstep behind my house while i was at work
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 1:44:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/9/2004 1:45:03 PM EDT by vatolocal]
I really feel for you........ A couple of years ago I was waiting for a couple of Romanian sks rifles. I waited and waited. Finally I tracked them and they had been delivered two days before not to my house but to a totally different addess. Now I am talking to an import/export warehouse right on the fricking US/Mexican border, signed by a"Juan Sanchez" if you know what I mean. A friend of mine (immigration agent) and I were there faster then flies on shit. We walked in and he flipped out the placa (badge) and demanded to see old Juan. He actually did exist to my surprise, working on the back dock. He said he gave the "carabines" to his manager. We then burst into the guy's office(he was out) there we found my sks' in the corner. I took possession of my guns, thanked the receptionist, and left.

The whole thing was bizarre....I think the UPS driver must have been in on it. The address was totally off. Fortunately, it worked out, but alot of shit was going through my mind. That is my war story and boy did I shit a brick.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 3:02:20 PM EDT
I had a fal shipped to me from arizona. It arrived at san antonio and was supposed to go south to laredo. instead it went north to fort worth 450 miles away......... as i saw it depart san antonio to ft worth i called ups and informed them that it went the wrong way the rep told me that he would take care of it. Well i saw by the tracking detail that it never arrived in fort worth or laredo after the 1st day being lost......on the second still nothing i was about to freak out and start crying....then i get a knock on the door and damn there it was safe and sound.
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 7:41:12 PM EDT
Finally got Jr. to take a nap this afternoon so I bedded down too. 1430 hrs. roles around and ding-dong. Scramble to get dressed and see the Fedex truck in the driveway with Fedex delivery person on doorstep just scooting back down the steps.

I observe the black plastic case left tight up to the house by the door. I holler at the guy who just keeps going. The driver, still seated in the truck yells back that it's right by the door. I'm thinking, "Yeah, but shouldn't I sign for this?"

At this point I really don't care so I take it in and it looks really nice. According to Mike, the safety lever stop was too high and caused my FsTE. I also mentioned that the trigger tended to get a little sticky on reset after a few shots so he stated he'd check that out. Not sure what he did but safety lever is much easier to manipulate and also much smoother in operation. Whole thing was then re-blarked and looks very nice.

I hope to take it out again soon to make sure it works.

Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:18:42 AM EDT

Originally Posted By wingzerothree:
fedex left my seak on my doorstep behind my house while i was at work

They left both of mine on the front doorstep! As much as I like the convenience of them dropping stuff off, leaving two cases like that in plain view all day is just poor judgement.

FedEx ground sucks-ass
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:53:21 AM EDT
Have fun this weekend
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 7:05:21 AM EDT
Glad it arrived safe and sound. Enjoy it!
Top Top