Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/11/2003 7:16:37 AM EDT
This may be off topic - sorry if it is, but the Army has released a video game called Americas Army Operations.  The latest update to the game, a Special Forces mod, now has the Krinkov in 5.56 with all the goodies with it.  This includes the small tube grenade launcher, suppressor, the PO, 4x24, and kobra red dot sights.  They have even modeled the orange bakalite mags and the tendency to act like a flame thrower into the sim.  I know it's just a game, but at least I can fire a full auto krink legally now - without the paperwork that is!  Again, sorry if this is off topic.

Link Posted: 11/11/2003 8:24:37 AM EDT
[#1]
So they went with 5.56 so they did not have to modify the damage factor for 5.45?
Welcome observation AS. The new PO in a video game is a suprise, wonder if they hired Roman?

I saw AKs on an episode of Stargate SG9 recently. Nice touch when the Russian praises his Zastava 85 and the lead American points out that it was made in Yugoslavia. Never got a clear view of the receivers or optics mounts, but the mags sure looked like Weigers. 5.56 guns should simplify blanks on the set.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 9:03:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
So they went with 5.56 so they did not have to modify the damage factor for 5.45?

Sorry about that - I mistyped there - it is the 5.45x39 used in the sim.  Although it is a sim, boy is it fun.  The Army suposedly made every effort to ensure that the weapons systems are as accurate (within reason) as possible.  They have included most of the SOPMOD kit too which is a nice touch.  So now you get the majority of Soviet Bloc small arms weapons in use:

AK-47
AK-74 w/grenade launcher
AKS-74U w/ accessories
RPK
SVD
Mosin Nagant (as sniper rifle)
VSS Vintorez
RPG

Link Posted: 11/11/2003 2:16:31 PM EDT
[#3]
sweet
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I saw AKs on an episode of Stargate SG9 recently. Nice touch when the Russian praises his Zastava 85 and the lead American points out that it was made in Yugoslavia. Never got a clear view of the receivers or optics mounts, but the mags sure looked like Weigers. 5.56 guns should simplify blanks on the set.

I saw that Laughed my ass off.

If Roman did the game, the targets would be marked with our names.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#5]
So who is this Roman person?

Link Posted: 11/11/2003 4:54:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Roman was this short pudgy computer programer out in AZ that liked to troll with various Russian names.  Depending on which name he used, he was always a different "hero" in the war in Chechnya.

Turns out that he simply stole all the information from a book from a real russian soldier who was there. Along with the pictures he posted of Krinkovs that he "had" )either photgraphicly designed into the picture or illegal, not sure which) he was a real piece of work.  He also liked to play dress up and run around in Spetsnaz uniforms.

The bad part was that he kept comming back. he did have a little usefull info, but just wanted to fight. He never realized he was getting the crap kicked out of him everytime and we knew who he really was.  It was like a dog that you kicked first thing every morning when you get out of bed because it was so stupid.

It was fun slapping him around, but it got old after a while.  I am sure he is planning his revenge against us in some new video game.

Link Posted: 11/11/2003 6:35:16 PM EDT
[#7]
His AK info posts were fine, but he bragged abut his computer graphics skills than used pics to impress us with exploits-bad combo.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top