Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2005 4:34:36 AM EDT
Well I know I'm not gonna start modeling for any calendar's or underwear ad's but here is me getting back from sending a few down range....Big thank's to Templar and KYARGUY...My first FAL hell yeah!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:40:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:58:39 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm not gonna start modeling for any calendar's or underwear ad's

Thank you Jesus!

Just kidding. That's nice lookin' FAL, congradulations. I got my first FAL back in January and I love it. Enjoy it man!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:20:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Nice Looking FAL - almost looks like an STG with the long brake in the front.  Give us the 'birth' specs.  I love my FAL's almost as much as my AK's.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:24:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice FAL.  Congrats
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:29:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Nice Looking FAL - almost looks like an STG with the long brake in the front.  Give us the 'birth' specs.  I love my FAL's almost as much as my AK's.

Thats exactly what it is...DSA STG 58...
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:34:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Nice rifle Jicky
Mine used to look just like that, then I modified it a little. FALs are a blast to shoot!

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:40:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats exactly what it is...DSA STG 58...

Damn! and you went with the CADILLAC of FALS.

SWEEEEEET

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:41:07 AM EDT
[#8]
You are where I want to be in a few months; I'm trying to get the War Department to authorize the expenditure of funds to purchase me a FAL.

Nice rifle, oh, and don't go modeling for us, PLEASE!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:02:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I thought it would make the rifle look that much better if I were to hold it....
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:51:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Real nice gun!!  I love my Century L1A1.  
More 20 rounders for it should be here on monday.

Here is a pic of mine

I put the Romanian together last night too... Came out great!! looks like a worn battlefield pickup gun.
I havent shot it yet, but it cycles smoothly and feels great with the wood vertical front grip.

Sweet gun James!!

KyARGuy
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:41:39 AM EDT
[#11]
whatever you do, dont feed it indian ammo.  I got some before I knew it was bad stuff, and what I got was the 1992 non tar sealed "decent" stuff.  I had at least two primer faliures the last time I went shooting and now have some nasty gas cutting on my bolt face.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:50:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Congrats Jicky,nice STG!+1 on not using Indian ammo.I've shot it through my South African R1,L1A1 and Portuguese G3 without anything worse then an occasional FTF but its dirty and not very accurate.I like the South African,Port,British,Austrian and of course Lake City.You'll love everything about the FAL,parts are plentiful and the mags are inexpensive.I'll open a Grolsh in your honor in a couple hours!

edited to add;Thanks for not modeling your underoos!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:15:09 AM EDT
[#13]
 Good lookin iron Jicky.  I don't own a FAL but once one of your FAL brothers was kind enough to have me shoot his.  It had a balance like no other, a beautiful thing to shoot,
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:17:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:19:47 AM EDT
[#15]
Nice looking gun ya got there! Good call on getting the DSA. Those cheap FAL's usually just end up being a headache.....
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 10:33:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:22:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:33:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:40:47 PM EDT
[#19]
My father was Royal Air Force and while we were in Germany as a family we got invited to family day at the Sennelager Ranges....I got to fire a FAL and a GPMG.....what a day for a young teenager

I'll never forget it

Taffy

Nice pic/Nice rifle
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:42:29 PM EDT
[#20]
the most i ever got was to play with a mp5 in an airport when i was 12
didn't even get to fire it, i should dig that picture up.

that is a beautiful fal you have there horseman.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:31:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Well I know I'm not gonna start modeling for any calendar's or underwear ad's

Beer Nuts maybe???

Anyways, Nice looking Rifle.. After a Dozen or so AKs and ARs, couple HKs, and a Valmet, I really need to ad a FAL..
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:44:38 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well I know I'm not gonna start modeling for any calendar's or underwear ad's

Beer Nuts maybe???

Anyways, Nice looking Rifle.. After a Dozen or so AKs and ARs, couple HKs, and a Valmet, I really need to ad a FAL..

Everyone needs,at least,one FAL!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 5:51:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Those steel hand guards are nice, but get really hot really fast.  I swapped mine out for some of the look alike plastic ones.  Much better to shoot with.
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#25]
Thank's really to ALL you guy's..I sure have come to enjoy this board, it's a kick and I have learned alot about firearms from Team Member's and Member's alike.....
We are pretty lucky to have the Mod's we do also...( not trying to brown nose at all but this side does kick ass)

KYarguy I have shot her... OHHH YESSS.. I havent really got a chance to site it in at distance but I've busted some Grolsh bottles about 50 yard's (Johno) ...

Again thank's to all you Darksider's....

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:42:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
KYarguy I have shot her... OHHH YESSS.. I havent really got a chance to site it in at distance but I've busted some Grolsh bottles about 50 yard's (Johno) ..

Sounds great. They are a great to shoot.  I'll order some more battle packs for you just in case you
stop by the shop... I wouldn't want you to waste a trip to town!!

KyARGuy

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 4:19:43 AM EDT
[#27]

Originally Posted By Jicky; OHHH YESSS.. I havent really got a chance to site it in at distance but I've busted some Grolsh bottles about 50 yard's (Johno) ...

I hope it was'nt the big Grolsh bottles with the resealable top! I knew you'd like it,hell,who would'nt like shooting an FAL.I love the"Old World"craftsmanship and design,holding an FAL and working the action gives me a woody!

I'm heading out to the safe now to fondle mine.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:46:55 AM EDT
[#28]

Nice shooting Iron!  FAL's are sweet!

I got my first one about 6 months ago.  It is a FN FAL .308 match with sear cut.  Like new, but not for long!

If you can still find it, get the Australian military surplus ammo.  I bought a case because it is starting to dry up.

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:45:34 AM EDT
[#29]
Great looking rifle, Jicky. You gotta love the DSAs. I would post a pic of my Imbel, but its embarassed to be seen with the thumbhole stock. When I get mine finished you and me and KYARGUY will have to take them all out one day. Three FALs makes for a whole lot of whup ass.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 11:39:45 AM EDT
[#30]
Yeah I've gotta start rounding up mag's and ammo for this thing now..I thought after AK's and then AR's I was cured but as we can all see I have relapsed.

Triburst you're on.. If all goes as planed I'll have a nice little 100 yard range built this fall...

My wife asks aften when will it ever end????HeeHeeHeeee!!!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 2:09:34 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Yeah I've gotta start rounding up mag's and ammo for this thing now..I thought after AK's and then AR's I was cured but as we can all see I have relapsed.

Triburst you're on.. If all goes as planed I'll have a nice little 100 yard range built this fall...

My wife asks aften when will it ever end????HeeHeeHeeee!!!

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 10:55:42 AM EDT
[#32]

Hey Jicky,it took me awhile to figure out how to do this but,heres my South African R1,Egyptian Maadi ARM with Russian stockset and Aussie L1A1.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:33:54 PM EDT
[#33]
I think I fixed the red X!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:46:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Very nice!!!! If we have the same taste in women as we do auto's and gun's yer never going to meet my wife Johno..
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 7:48:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Very nice!!!! If we have the same taste in women as we do auto's and gun's yer never going to meet my wife Johno..

Don't forget the Bier!.....................
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:14:39 PM EDT
[#36]
And the beir...
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top