Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 8:54:04 PM EDT
Not much happening in the FAL discussion area.  Who got a FAL kit and what receiver do you plan to use, and US parts?   I'm considering it.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:24:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Where the heck are you getting a receiver from?  I didn't think anyone was making FAL receivers in the US anymore, at least quality ones...

And for that matter, where are you getting US parts from?
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 5:44:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 7:09:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought one of the Classic Arms Imbel kits earlier this month when they dropped the price. Haven't done anything beside fully disassemble, remove barrell, etc. Probably won't accomplish any building for maybe a year. Too much other stuff to buy. I plan using a DSA receiver, and the plan is for this to be a Para since I already have a full length FAL. Probably go DSA on the para setup as well.These parts will take care of most of the US parts. Not sure what the rest will be.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:35:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm looking at the STGs at FSE USA (.com) and the Imbel ones from Akron Armory (hey i like the barbeque!)

DSA and Coonan/DCI have the receivers, pretty much everyone stays away from Enterprise
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 10:30:26 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Not much happening in the FAL discussion area.  Who got a FAL kit and what receiver do you plan to use, and US parts?   I'm considering it.

www.fseusa.com/images/STG%20kit01.jpg

Nice looking kit.

Check FALFIles.com

Several places sell parts.  I like DSA but their prices are a bit hiring.

Link Posted: 12/29/2005 11:08:16 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been looking at the STG58 kits at FSE, and the Imbel kits at GunThings.  Since the FAL kits are really drying up, I am just thinking of grabbing one for the future.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:46:02 PM EDT
[#7]
I finally got my DSA L1A1 receiver (ordered in April).  I've been sitting on a nice Australian kit I picked up on the falfiles.com marketplace.  U.S. parts will be an FSE HTS, Ironwood walnut furniture, and the receiver.  I have a few inch floorplates lying around too.

I really miss $100 Imbel kits.
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 2:56:39 PM EDT
[#8]
I just picked up a Imbel kit and have a Imbel receiver hiding away for me.I'm using US made tan furniture,HTS fron sarco inc , a gas piston from harlan over on the Falfiles,and followers+floorplates.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top