Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 2:14:25 PM EDT
Looking for a little info on these.  I know that there is some on the net.  Maybe a review by ARS.  I can't find on ar15.com. (can it really exist if it's not here?!)
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 3:52:48 PM EDT
[#2]
I have searched all over for info and have not had any luck.  The gunplummer review is the only thing out there and it is a bit dated now.  I have found a few guys that built guns with the ORF reciever, but none of them had fired many rounds through them to determine the quality of the receiver.  I have a great kit to build but I am also unsure about the ORF receiver and the IMI receivers are to costly, (if you can even find one, which I hav'nt).  Todd from ORF sells products all the time here in the AK EE.  I have been thinking of asking him directly about the problems that were brought to light by the gunplummer reveiw, but its hard to imagine that a vender wood say anything bad about his product.  I suspect the ORF is a good receiver, but I also would like more information.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:46:35 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a link for that Gunplumber reivew?  I've seen it but can't find it now.
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#4]
It was ARS. ORF was supposed to have made changes based on that review. Not sure how much was done.

Lnk to review:

ARS Review
Link Posted: 1/5/2006 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It was ARS. ORF was supposed to have made changes based on that review. Not sure how much was done.

Lnk to review:

ARS Review

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/14/2006 7:51:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I just had one built and it went together without a problem. I have two factory ones and will be selling this one when I get it refinished. Orf quality on products they make seem to be real great but the customer service really , really sucks.    Jerod
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 4:25:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Has the Galil with the ORF receiver been shot much?  How is the receiver holding up?
Page AK-47 » Galil & Valmet Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top