Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/28/2005 10:43:53 AM EDT
Does anyone know if ORF is going to do another run of milled AK receivers. I need a fixed type III with a custom serial #? I recently picked up a nice kit and would like to build a rifle as close to orginal as legally possible (finish wear and all).
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:07:10 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Does anyone know if ORF is going to do another run of milled AK receivers. I need a fixed type III with a custom serial #? I recently picked up a nice kit and would like to build a rifle as close to orginal as legally possible (finish wear and all).

They never did a run of type III.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:17:11 PM EDT
[#2]
OK, does anyone know if ORF will do a first run of type III receivers???
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 6:34:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone know how many milled receivers they made for the 74?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:55:20 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Anyone know how many milled receivers they made for the 74?

None...
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#5]
correction, i have a orf milled 74....there is at least 12 of em....
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
correction, i have a orf milled 74....there is at least 12 of em....

Can you post some pictures?  This is the first time I've heard of such beast, it wasn't mentioned on their website either (outdated as always..).  

When did ORF make these?  

I know they announced the type III and type II AK milled receivers a while back(which are still AWOL as far as I'm concerned).  So they went and did the 74 milled receivers instead?

At least I gotta give it to them for originality...but you'd think they'd try to get to more "important" things out first (cough RF5/Type III recvr cough).  
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:23:14 AM EDT
[#7]
I also have a milled 74 from ORF (built with a Bulgarian plum kit).

It has a problem with bolting-over instead of feeding rounds. Todd said he'll fix it when they're done moving. Otherwise, it's great.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 9:38:57 AM EDT
[#8]
mine hasn't had a problem except that the bolt fit tight on the rails initially.  it loosened up in a couple hundred rounds.....ive put about a thousand rds through it so far, and its been "ak reliable" for me..... its a nice rifle.

seems to be quite rigid (compared to my stamped receiver), and hits more consistently where i aim it (well, as consistently as wolf ammo allows the rifle to be) vs the stamped 74 i have.  hth
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 2:05:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Ok for those that have one, what is the serial number? or at least the last digits that will tell how many were made at that point since they sarted at 00001... I have one also, built on green furniture.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I had two of the ORF 74 milled receivers, briefly.  It took a few months to get them and have ORF put them in some Bulgarian '74 kits I had acquired.  IIRC mine were serial numbers 1 and number 2.

I was always going to sell one, and by the time I got them I was into stamped 5.45x39 guns (the Arsenal SLR-105 guns had just come out) and so I sold both of them without shooting them.  Someone subsequently posted in this forum they had acquired one of them and it worked fine.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 4:04:21 AM EDT
[#11]
I requested that mine be serialed to match my Bulgy kit, so no help here in counting them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:21:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#13]
15, wow that does make a rare one doesnt it. Thanks for the reply, I know you are busy.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top