Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 1:17:35 PM EDT
Hey folks,
I got my first AK-47 today. It's an ORF WASR-10. It came in a plastic case with a leather sling, a cleaning kit and a 30rd waffle mag. Overall, it looks pretty good. Nice park job and no cant that I can see. The furniture looks unfinished and the buttstock is really shot (or my arms are really long). I'll probably put a black or plum K-Var set on it anyway. It seems to cycle smoothly and the trigger feels much better than my FAL or AR. Although I asked for an AK-74 style brake, it came with a slant brake. No big deal, I can always change it later on. I hope to go to the range this weekend and if I do, I'll post a range report. ORF was easy to deal with, and they didn't charge my cc until the gun actually shipped. Todd, don't ever loose Kelly, she's the kind of person every business should have talking to their customers.
Happy shootinghn
Range report: I used some cheap Russian ammo (122gr FMJBT) and the waffle mag that came with the gun. It ran fairly well with only one jam-up (during a mag dump
heJohn

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hey folks,
I got my first AK-47 today. It's an ORF WASR-10. It came in a plastic case with a leather sling, a cleaning kit and a 30rd waffle mag. Overall, it looks pretty good. Nice park job and no cant that I can see. The furniture looks unfinished and the buttstock is really shot (or my arms are really long). I'll probably put a black or plum K-Var set on it anyway. It seems to cycle smoothly and the trigger feels much better than my FAL or AR. Although I asked for an AK-74 style brake, it came with a slant brake. No big deal, I can always change it later on. I hope to go to the range this weekend and if I do, I'll post a range report. ORF was easy to deal with, and they didn't charge my cc until the gun actually shipped. Todd, don't ever loose Kelly, she's the kind of person every business should have talking to their customers.
Happy shooting
John

post pics!

I think you'll like the slant brake enough, the 74 brake will reduce recoil better, but it's LOUD!

get both and try them
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 1:55:22 PM EDT
[#2]
What the threads on those things with the 74 style muzzle break. Friend got one from there and it was canted so the bullets were deflecting off of it.  The slant break you wont have any problem with thats what hes got on it right now.  All around its a good gun so enjoy.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top