Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/9/2005 7:25:32 PM EDT
I've been thinking about getting a Krinkov Triangle folder from ORF. I will most likely get one with the PBS-5
barrel extention.  I have two other of their builds & like their work!!

I have a few questions about their Krinks.

If & when I get a SBR Tax Stamp approved for the Krink, is the PBS-5 extention fairly easy to remove,...,  & will the threaded sight base still be intact to accept a flash hider?

Do you know if these are built from Russian kits, Bulgarian kits, or other??

Does the PBS-5 extention act as a flash suppressor.., or a flame thrower????

Lastly...., apparently they offer their Krinks in 7.62, 5.45, & 5.56  I have all three in full size AK's.  But I'm not sure which round get a Krinkov in!!

Any & all opinions are welcome & appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!!

RU4FREEDOM-----out
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:33:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I've been thinking about getting a Krinkov from ORF. I will most likely get one with the PBS-5
barrel extention.  I have two other of their builds & like their work!!

I have a few questions about their Krinks.

If & when I get a SBR Tax Stamp approved for the Krink, is the PBS-5 extention fairly easy to remove,...,  & will the threaded sight base still be intact to accept a flash hider?

Do you know if these are built from Russian kits, Bulgarian kits, or other??

Does the PBS-5 extention act as a flash suppressor.., or a flame thrower????

Lastly...., apparently they offer their Krinks in 7.62, 5.45, & 5.56  I have all three in full size AK's.  But I'm not sure which round get a Krinkov in!!

Any & all opinions are welcome & appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!!!

RU4FREEDOM-----out

I would assume that their Krinks are Yugo....since thats what they have been selling and what was brought in by them.

ant
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:40:40 PM EDT
[#2]
My bad!  

I should have been more specific.  The one I'm looking at on their website is a triangle folder.

I'm not sure.., but I think the Yugo's are all underfolders??

I'll change my post to indicate Triangle folder!!

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#3]
They're bulgarian. I guess they made them in other calibers, but most you see are 5.45 (like the real russian one), and thats what I'd go with.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 7:58:20 PM EDT
[#4]
The side forlders are Bulgarian, identical to an AK-74SU. Get a 5.45.39 man that's the REAL Krink!!! The can is easily removeable with a Dremel cut-off wheel. Todd has a link here somewhere on how to do it. I got to quit buying kits and get mine SB'ed.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:30:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow..., NICE KRINK!!

Is that an ORF Build??

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:31:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
NICE KRINK!!

Is that an ORF Build??

You bet!!!
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:37:39 PM EDT
[#7]
AWESOME!!!

I can't wait until ORF opens for business on Wendsday!!

I'm getting me one of those "BAD-BOYS" in 5.45!!!

I'm guessing the PBS-5 is probably secured with a solid pin instead of a spring loaded one?

Does the barrel extention work as a flash suppresser...,  or is it a fire breather?

Link Posted: 10/9/2005 8:44:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
AWESOME!!!

I can't wait until ORF opens for business on Wendsday!!

I'm getting me one of those "BAD-BOYS" in 5.45!!!

I'm guessing the PBS-5 is probably secured with a solid pin instead of a spring loaded one?

Does the barrel extention work as a flash suppresser...,  or is it a fire breather?

It's pretty much a fire breather. The PBS-5 is blind pinned from the front sight. It is drilled from the back into the edge of the suppressor, then pin is driven in from the back into the suppressor where it is not possible to drive back out. I has to be dremeled into, unscrewed, then driven back out and replaced with correct pin. I done alot of research and this gun is basically a Russian AK74SU. The Yugo is just a short AK, not as short as a Krink.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:23:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm not a real big fan of fire breathers..., so for me flash supperssion would be nice!!

I wonder if it would be feasible, and legal,  to machine down the end of the PBS-5, thread it 24mmx1.5, screw on & blind pin a 4-piece Krinkov Flash Suppressor?  My concern in doing this is that if the Fake PBS-5 is fairly hollow, being capped off with the 4-Piece FH might create somewhat of an actual sound supressor type expantion chamber, which if push came to shove the feds could call an "intent to make a silencer!!!"  But I have know Idea..., never having seen one..., how the fake PBS-5 is configured and if this would be a legality issue or not!!

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 4:06:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Man that Krink is nice!
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 5:06:01 AM EDT
[#11]
Nothing wrong with a 7.62 Krink

Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:56:35 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'm not a real big fan of fire breathers..., so for me flash supperssion would be nice!!

I wonder if it would be feasible, and legal,  to machine down the end of the PBS-5, thread it 24mmx1.5, screw on & blind pin a 4-piece Krinkov Flash Suppressor?  My concern in doing this is that if the Fake PBS-5 is fairly hollow, being capped off with the 4-Piece FH might create somewhat of an actual sound supressor type expantion chamber, which if push came to shove the feds could call an "intent to make a silencer!!!"  But I have know Idea..., never having seen one..., how the fake PBS-5 is configured and if this would be a legality issue or not!!

Don't want to do that. It's a straight open tube and would be butt ugly!!. Besides the PBS-5 is kind of a prize and the $125.00 price make it kind of a no no.
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 6:57:25 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Nothing wrong with a 7.62 Krink

img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-4/992127/krink.jpg

Not at all.........nice gun! (I'm just a traditionallist)
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top