Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/24/2003 8:50:53 AM EDT
I guess we can expect a mass exodus in the near future.....

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=59dd118a7bfbb1f38ad53aab9b266010&threadid=143247
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:30:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Locked/deleted already?!
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:31:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn, kinkfreak-- wish you'd caught the text so we could see what was said.

I've been posting a little screed about the kvar situation around there a bit... trying to foment rebellion.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:33:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Boy that was fast.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:34:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Too late!!!

They already deleted it !!!!!!

Bwahahahahahahahahaahahahahaahaha

Muwhahahahahahahahahahaahahahaha
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:36:05 AM EDT
[#5]
What was the gist of it?
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:40:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Couple of dotnutz members questioned the boycott of KVAR by Supreme Super Moderator Shootzenman....Discussion centered around KVAR being foreigners, etc. etc. and also Joeken losing money because KVAR undercut them on the waffle mags.

Heavy handed tactics started coming into play and they got smacked down....

Too funny!
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:44:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Hrmm...

On the K-Var magazine bit:

We have been making sure no advertisement for k-var is allowed for some time now. If someone want to advertise for them, pay up, other then that k-var anything is not allowed on this website.

Folks, our reasonings are sound, and I would much rather support a sponsor of this Guns Network & AK-47.net. Why cause the sponsors pay the bills, bandwidth, servers which allow members such as yourself to post here for free. Just that simple.

While K-VAR only cares about there own selves and does not want to support the website that MADE THEM WHO THEY ARE!

Say what?

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=143256

I mean, I do understand that K-Var kinda jacks prices, and doesn't really lower them until there's some serious competition - that's kinda annoying - but at the same time, if it's advertised on their webpage, it's in stock, they ship fast, their product is good...

I have no regrets about anything I bought from K-Var.

I'm getting real tired of the one-sidedness out their.

What's advertising like in Shotgun News?  I'd love to post an ad in there for the AK forums here - something to the effect of "come here for the no-bullshit talk that allows BOTH sides of the argument, not just the paid side!"

It irks me that there's a bunch of people over there who honest and truly don't know or understand that they're getting an editorial on everything.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:51:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Dammit, those guy over there are all real ass-fucks.  308 is a real pos.

edited for poor grammer
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:52:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Let's see how long that thread lasts.....

Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:55:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Posted by guns net staff

"We speak of a lot of experience when we say K-VAR does not have your best interest period."

BS all because K-var dosent pay them! LOL this is great!
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:59:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:05:56 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:17:00 AM EDT
[#14]
I've ordered from both companies.  Kvar, I had no problems with.  Joke-n on the other hand is absolutely ridiculous when it comes down to waiting for it!!! My GOD! I ordered for the hell of it that 50 or 55 round Bulgarian waffle magazine in JULY  And  I still haven't got it yet!!!!  Shows you how long its been, I forgot the capacity of it already!  And not to forget, they charged my CC already for it.  Arrrrgh!!!!
What a Joke!  I will never order anything from them again.  

Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:18:28 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Dammit, those guy over there are all real ass-fucks.  308 is a real pos.hr

I am too.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:22:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:23:36 AM EDT
[#17]

Thanks Campy....

The thing is Joeken was promissing these Mags for over a year!  IT took them over a year, and to my knowledge they still haven't shipped anything.

I got nothing against Joeken... they seem a decent group of people.

I got nothing against Kvar-- I too notice Kvars price machinations, but, hell, this is a free market! (Or it should be, these would be drit cheap if it weren't for the feds.)

But it just burns me up that there are people on dotnutz who are innocently being lied to and mislead.   And they seem to believe these really lame excuese! They ask why and want clarification and the clarification is pathetic, but they say "thanks for clarifying!"

Its a crying shame.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:25:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Looks like dotnutz is down, or they banned me by ip.  I can't get there now.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:28:48 AM EDT
[#19]
it works...looks like they banned your IP.

Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:37:27 AM EDT
[#20]
dongalt,
I was looking over ther too and noticed you were dumping all over the place and then bragging about it here. I don't think campybob would like it if someone did the same to us here. In fact they would probably get banned are flamed pretty good. And getting in trouble would be appropriate since it's like going to your neighbors home and being disrespectful to their family. Just my thoughts.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:39:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Dollars to donuts that KVAR actually imported the mags, cut some out for Joken, and then turned around and started selling them cheaper.....probably pissed Joken off to no end....

Did anyone check to see if Joken was actually an importer?
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
dongalt,
I was looking over ther too and noticed you were dumping all over the place and then bragging about it here. I don't think campybob would like it if someone did the same to us here. In fact they would probably get banned are flamed pretty good. And getting in trouble would be appropriate since it's like going to your neighbors home and being disrespectful to their family. Just my thoughts.

Got to jump in here - from the single post I read from DonGalt (would have read more, but, wait, once again, they've bene deleted or edited!), it merely seems he was calling them on one of their bullshit editorial issues.

This is a far cry from the childish "let's see how fast you can get banned from ak-47.net!" thread a while back.

The fact of the matter is, the moderators and administrators here don't edit people's posts, manually or automatically.  They RARELY delete or lock posts, and when they do, it's been my experience that it's for violation of a long established rule or policy, not one they pulled out of their ass 30 seconds ago that suits their desire to silence those in dissent.

On a different, and significantly lighter note, I see you and 308 are from Oregon.

Whereabouts?  Maybe we can get together sometime and go shooting or something?
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:46:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Last year Joeken bought from K-VAR and jacked up the price.  They couldn't come up with the cash for more and K-Var wouldn't sell them anymore.

I don't need anymore as I bought a bunch a year or two ago.  But, I just placed an order for 10 more and with shipping it came to $99.68 delivered.  It is 10 more that someone from .nutz won't get.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 10:52:57 AM EDT
[#24]
I wonder how the mods at ak47.net dont see that they are pompous jackass morons. Boycott k-var because they dont pay us! Uhm right who is it that constantly promotes companies that fail to deliver and steal peoples stuff? Dont think its k-var.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:01:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:27:20 AM EDT
[#26]

What I said was all true... and certainly any viterol that shows up in my posts over there has been well earned by the targets.

I do appreciate the fact that here we can bitch and moan about that site, even though it isn't strictly on topic.

I want a site where I can agree or disagree with the mods without the threat of being kicked off for disagreeing ever coming up.  I respect someone who disagrees with me, but I do not respect someone who cannot handle disagrement without throwing his authority around.  So far, I like AR15 because there's a lot less crap than on dotnutz.   I deleted the content of all my posts on dotnutz months ago when I was threatened with expulsion for disagreeing wiht HDR.  IF removed my sanction then.  

Calling them on this latest attrocity was worth getting banned.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#27]

Oh, check it out!  They have me marked as "Shill".  EG: Anyone who disagrees must work for KVAR!  Never mind the fact that I called KVAR on their high prices and only offering low prices when the competition is there.

But get this -- this is really rich-- 308 quoted me from here on that site!  IS this the same 308 who posts here?  What a pussy!

So, and this is just shockingly rich-- they have quoted me on here, calling them on their dishonesty!  Save people the trouble of going to ar15.com to see how dishonest they are-- they let everyone know.  Thanks guys!  You made my job that much easier!

And of course, like the cowards they are, they can't respond to me like real men-- they edit my post and put their responses in there.  Anonymously, of course.

And of course, they ban my ip address so I can't see their dishonesty (They hope!)  But they are too stupid... trivial to see what's going on their site.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
...And of course, like the cowards they are, they can't respond to me like real men-- they edit my post and put their responses in there.  Anonymously, of course.

And of course, they ban my ip address so I can't see their dishonesty (They hope!)  But they are too stupid... trivial to see what's going on their site.

Standard Operating Procedure over there....
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#29]
Whenever I order something from K-Var, it is on my doorstep within 5 business days.  In my first and last order from JoeKen I had my credit card charged the day of the order and a rusty Polish AK kit showed up six weeks later.  I ordered my mags early this morning.  Thank you K-Var for the deal.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#30]

THAT's the real explanation. Just look at all the victims of the Gooch who would have escaped being swindled if they had been allowed to see the warnings of the earlier victims-- warnings that were deleted by the moderators here while praise was allowed to stand.

Sorry but that is a bold face lie, all the praise was moved as well but you forget to mention that, schill

When ya gonna learn?

We learn all the time schill, we learn that with people like you in this world, our gun rights are in BIG TROUBLE!

Sorry, what?  What's a bold-faced lie?

I almost sent stuff to Gucciano, DUE TO HIS EXCELLENT REPUTATION, AS DISPLAYED ON AK-47.NET, to have him build before a local friend cautioned me against it, and suggested I check some other boards.  They may have deleted all the praise, but did it about a year after deleting all the negative press.

I also love how, when people are losing an argument, it always falls to name-calling - "schill" in this case.  You ak-47.net jackholes need to learn to spell.  It's "shill", as in "One who poses as a satisfied customer or enthusiastic gambler to dupe bystanders into participating in a swindle."

Even if you can't spell it, I'm quite sure you've memorized the definition now - the staff is the personification of it.

"HELLO KETTLE.  THIS IS POT.  I JUST WANTED TO LET YOU KNOW, YOU'RE BLACK."
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#31]
(Of course, I wouldn't be suprised if I get banned, soon...)
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:24:05 PM EDT
[#32]
My first Krinkov was a 7.62 kit ordered from K-VAR in May 2001.  I ordered it and it arrived within 6 days.  InRange built it and I have shot over 2000 rounds through it.....Defrauded SAI customers are still waiting for their kits.....

When OPFOR (Current Moderator on the other board) was causing problems for myself and Troy Sellars on the K-VAR Forum (OPFOR was a Moderator on K-VAR Forum believe it or not), we worked with K-VAR, showed them proof of unethical behavior by OPFOR, and he was canned.  If anyone wants to contest this, let me know.  I'll be glad to fax you the printed pages of numerous threads off of AR15.COM, AK-47.NET, and KVAR Forum.

That's the normal kind of behavior from the majority of moderators and staff on the other board....

KF
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#34]
Everyone should send an email and ask JoeKen to match K-Var's price.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 2:33:13 PM EDT
[#35]
mOrE sTaBlEr UbEr MoD

----------------------------------------
Quoted:
From one asshole to another, I kiss them all, as long as it is not K-Var's and they pay and pay some more. Bowhunt/Dthor's tastes the best, I love the taste of fake sea mammal ass in the morning...buh,bye

Link Posted: 10/24/2003 2:37:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 2:48:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 3:07:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#39]
Am I to understand that K-Var is some sort of despicable entity because they don't sponsor AKF.net and they should since AKF is the reason there is an aftermarket for AK stuff?

Wow, that is so wacked out.  It would be different if Dr. K himself owned the Forum AND it was well run.  But these guy simply saw an opportunity to enrich themselves by having a website.  And that's just the American/Capitalist way and we are better for it.  

To make it worse, they try to wrap themselves in the 2nd and the whole RKBA fight.  

These guys are little more than goons.  They apparently have the intellectual prowess of a garden slug.  

The really amazing part is that they could have run a legitimate business and possibly made a really good living.  Instead, they decided to run a protection racket and allow site users to get screwed over.

How utterly pathetic.

Mahatma
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#40]

Not sure what you're saying Aimless... just that I posted my little gripe that I paid $15 or so for the mags KVAR is selling for less now.  But its just a gripe-- frankly, the freemarket works that way sometimes.

I'll still do business with KVAR-- the mags I bought arrived promptly and were what was ordered.  And the shipping wasn't out of line either.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#42]

Ah, now I get it.  Doh!

Don

PS- Love Heat.  One of my favorite Mann movies.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 4:50:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Damn,

I didn't know flightless birds joked around.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 8:37:08 PM EDT
[#44]
 You know what Campy, you're right. I used to post over there occasionally under the mistaken belief that voicing a reasonable opinion might make a difference. That ends now, screw those jokers in their patooties.

I will restrain myself to communicating with the few sentient humans on that site thru Email, and they can wipe a monkeys ass with their forums.

Chuck

By the way, I also work at OhioRapidFire, and Kvar always delivers, always and everytime. If you want a good laugh at how JoeKen is helping the AK community, ask me about the AK SUPER FRONT SIGHT BASE that they sell. Or even ask Krinkfreak about it, he saw it and it is the most ungodly piece of shit ever conceived by man(right after Janet Reno, the Yugo automobile, and Vanilla Pepsi)
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 9:24:20 PM EDT
[#45]
I responded to that post and I wrote that if Joeken wants to match K-VAR then that's what they should do, it's called competition. The mod over there actually got mad and talked about how K-VAR screwed .net over and blah blah. I told them that if they care so much for Joeken to lower the sponsorship fee they charge them or better yet get more sponsers and lower it that way. The mod got kind of irate with me but did say to shop where I want to and added to support the sponsers who make the site free for everybody which I understand. What I don't get is why the deletion? That's about stupid and proves what everbody has been saying all along, that .net deletes post that they disagree with. I thought all this hoopla a few weeks back with .net offering the olive branch and declaring peace and all these promises might have been for real, but with that deletion all they prove is that either you are with them or against them and dissention or free thinking is not tolerated. And if Joeken has any business sense, they will respond to K-VAR with a similar price.
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 11:01:09 PM EDT
[#46]

Well, the olive branch was pretty much rescinded by the lawsuit threats they sent a day or two later!

This KVAR thing is just the latest in an ongoing saga...

Speaking of lawsuits, though, I think KVAR should send them a little letter with the definition of defamation in it.

They're calling KVAR all kinds of names -- blatently trying to undermine their reputation-- for merely beating someone elses prices.

Link Posted: 10/28/2003 5:48:04 AM EDT
[#47]
That's why I cam over here too.  All of the crap and their Nazi attitude towards anyone that disagrees with them.

You don't stay in business by calling people dirty rotten foreigners in 10 ft tall letters without any explanation.  Seems very juvenile if you ask me.  It's too bad Schuetzenman had to post that, he's a really nice guy and very knowledgeable.  I've seen how that plcae has changed him in the last 3 years.

There are some good mods over there being threatened by the head tyrant.

Let's see here......

AR15.com saga and CampyBob squabble
Gary Gooch-Ass defending
Falfiles attempted takeover
Tapco debacle
K-var bashing

What's next?  Maybe they can start threatening the members, Oh! Hell The they do that already.

That place is becoming nothing more than a shakedown scam.  They threaten vendors and members to pay them money or face the wrath.  

I hope all their sponsors take a good long hard look at what's going on.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:58:53 AM EDT
[#48]
Too freakin' much man! Too freakin' much!

Well apparently you can still type K-var in over there. Of course perhaps you all remember when K-var was "semi-officially banned" in the summer of '02. Just like Campybob only fewer asterisks....*****.

And gunsnet made K-var who they are?
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Hmmm...all this stuff sounds like Wall-Marhtz business tactics.
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 12:39:55 PM EDT
[#50]
Naw, WalMart just sells stuff cheap.  AK-47.net sells stuff dear, and pisses and moans when anyone undercuts their sponsors on price.  Oh, and in many cases "dear" means you spend your money and parts and never get a completed rifle back... and then they want more money for you to get your parts back!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top