Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/20/2005 8:09:39 AM EDT
oooooooooooooooo. lol. Little back ground here.  Only time I've ever had a semi auto rifle until a couple of days ago was when I was about 12 and my dad wouldnt let me shoot it fast or without him around.  So I've been around here a month or so reading a lot and hopefully learning some too.  I read for the first time here about "bump fire"  Took my new yugo out today with about 300 rounds and started shooting.  Slow fire for the first hundred rounds to get used to it and check the sights and everything.  Oddly enough they are only about 4 inches off at a hundred yards.  Close enough for me not to fuck with it.  So after lettin it get hot and getting used to it I decided to try out bump firing. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHH  Thank's yall.  I had one guy ask me how I got a full auto rifle.  It wasn't that fast but it was pretty fast and after awhile I managed to keep all 15 rounds I had loaded in it, in a 12 inch circle at 50 yards.  Shooting it was a blast.  More to follow, I had my fun now my old lady is wantin me to clean.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok some of the "more to add".  I had a black hawk nylon sling on it.  big DUH factor here.  I melted it in 2.  Took it in the shop today to show my buddy that owns it.  He laughed and we looked and found a sliver of copper.  I knew I had one close call on a ricochet but to have a tiny sliver of copper stuck in the sling freaked me out.  Shooting routed out a ton more cosmoline.  it was a good day.  Now here's my delimma.  Gun guy got in a norinco with a BEAUTIFUL stock.  It's probably a pound and half lighter which is nice.  And that way my wife could shoot it in case SHTF.  Same price and I could get it for an even trade.  What would you do?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:13:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Keep the Yugo.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 6:28:45 AM EDT
[#3]
KEEP THE YUGO!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:11:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Yugo's are probibly the best built SKS's. Keep the Yuog!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:26:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I am.  I'm gonna buy a short AR for my wife and I.  I want something she can shoot comfortably and I think that'll be my best bet.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 1:03:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought the ChiCom SKS's had Chrome lined barrels and the Yugos do not.....

Am I wrong?

I would think that might give the Norinco a slight advantage in barrel life and ease of cleaning.

also If bayonetts are legal in your area the norinco has the spike bayonett which I personally prefer..

I'm currently in the throes of the same decision.. buy a Yugo for 120$ and get to hand pick it from the stack of them.... or get this REALLY nice norinco with an orange stock with the spike bayo for $200.... both would be weekend shooters not safe queens..

Still haven't seen the Yugos I can choose from so I'm waiting til I can look at them and see if it's worth saving 80$ for a cosmo covered fixer upper yugo over a cleaned Norinco... the amount of fixin required and completeness being the determining factor...

Geeze I with the guys at the gun shop with the Yugos would check his voicemail and call me back hinking.gif I got money for an SKS burnin a hole in my pocket!!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I thought the ChiCom SKS's had Chrome lined barrels and the Yugos do not.....

Am I wrong?

I would think that might give the Norinco a slight advantage in barrel life and ease of cleaning.

also If bayonetts are legal in your area the norinco has the spike bayonett which I personally prefer..

I'm currently in the throes of the same decision.. buy a Yugo for 120$ and get to hand pick it from the stack of them.... or get this REALLY nice norinco with an orange stock with the spike bayo for $200.... both would be weekend shooters not safe queens..

Still haven't seen the Yugos I can choose from so I'm waiting til I can look at them and see if it's worth saving 80$ for a cosmo covered fixer upper yugo over a cleaned Norinco... the amount of fixin required and completeness being the determining factor...

Geeze I with the guys at the gun shop with the Yugos would check his voicemail and call me back I got money for an SKS burnin a hole in my pocket!!

The Yugos were the only ones to not chrome their barrels. The Yugo and Chinese will both last a long time, however the Chinese will probably last longer and be easier to clean due to the chrome barrel. The Chinese make VERY good barrels.

FYI I went to the range today and I managed to shoot some decent groups, IE minute-of-looter groups. I threw the dissassembled SKS in the shower and left it in their for 20 minutes and when I pulled it out it was clean-a good way to clean your yugo.

Page AK-47 » SKS
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top