Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2005 11:17:39 AM EDT
I have just about finished my first build, a Yugo and I've realized that the stock is entirely too short for hy height for good positioning. I'd like to know the stock lengths of the different OEMs. I don't want all my rifes to sport aftermarket stocks but I do want them to function well for me

I see that the ACE stocks avg a max length of 15" That would be great but those are just too expensive for me.  How about some of the other aftermarket stocks?

TIA
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 11:46:37 AM EDT
[#1]
well you got your Nato length and you got your Warsaw length

pick one or the other
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:07:23 AM EDT
[#2]
does this apply to the OEM parts as well? I'm not familair with the warsaw or nato pacts except that the NATO is +1.25", are there legalities surrounding stock length? Could I make my own that are longer? Aren't there other manufacturers of adjustables besides Ace Ltd?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:11:51 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
does this apply to the OEM parts as well? I'm not familair with the warsaw or nato pacts except that the NATO is +1.25", are there legalities surrounding stock length? Could I make my own that are longer? Aren't there other manufacturers of adjustables besides Ace Ltd?

As long as the weapon overall length is at least 26 inches, you'll be fine.  AK's are typically around 36 inches or so, so this is a non-issue.  Yes, you could make your own stocks if you are skilled with woodworking and have the proper tools.  Easier and cheaper to buy, though.  And I prefer the standard Warsaw Pact length myself.  NATO lengths are longer stocks meant for larger people like Americans.  Warsaw Pact soldiers were on average physically smaller than their NATO counterparts, which is why the WP used shorter stocks.  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top