Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/23/2012 12:36:09 PM EDT
I have 7- 30 round and 1- 40 round ((10)) museum quality OD Green, never inserted/loaded and one 5 rd OD came with my Arsenal SGL, Arsenal maybe test fired with the 5 rounder.

They are rare to find, especially in this condition, I think Izzys are easier to get nowadays.
I also have the original pistol grip/NATO stock/upper & lower handguards I would be selling, excellent condition also(took off when new).

My question is should I keep all these as investment , or should I sell?

What do you think this entire lot would  be worth these days, taking the economy and the mag buying craze going on into consideration?

Thanks for the help

=========================

edit: 11/24

"then sell them" I'll do just that as the furniture is quite available online.
-
"invest in Russian bakelites." Yes, I have a few nice ones.hopefully they will keep their value.
=
"polymer mags than bakelites for SHTF use. Bakelites do hold their value if not increase in price. O.D. mags are less common and I wouldn't classify them as rare.
Izhmash AK74M mags and 1st and 2nd generation AK103 mags would be considered rare due to "grey" area market. I would hold on to a 4 pack for an investment and see what the future holds."

Polymer ((10)) for reliability I agree.
I have noticed recently the price of Russian bakelites increasing, wish I would have bought a few sometime ago.
The OD mags are harder to find, not rare, less common is a better description.
Im not sure of the 1st & 2nd gen of 103 , possibly the  slabside & aluminum waffle, to take a guess, proably wrong on that.
I will hold on to a few OD for sure.

=

Thanks a lot to all of you for the help guys, cleared some things up for me!
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#1]
If you never intend to put together an OD Green AK, then sell them. I have (8) Bulgy OD Green 30-round waffle mags, and intend to do an OD Green AK, so I'm keeping mine. OD Green poly furniture has always been available, so no big deal.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Just my opinion but you would be better to sell them and invest in Russian bakelites.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:47:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Just my opinion but you would be better to sell them and invest in Russian bakelites.

I would rather invest in quality polymer mags than  bakelites for SHTF use. Bakelites do hold their value if not increase in price. O.D. mags are less common and I wouldn't classify them as rare. These mags are special contracts like the Plum 5.45 mags,
Izhmash AK74M mags and 1st and 2nd generation AK103 mags would be considered rare due to "grey" area market. I would hold on to a 4 pack for an investment and see what the future holds.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top