Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/16/2005 7:12:03 PM EDT
Looks like it has different wood. Besides that I cant find and info on what the diff is.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:01:13 AM EDT
[#1]
I THINK the GP comes with a slant brake and a bayonet lug. I know the WASR 10 does not have these, as I own one.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:12:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I own a GP and had a muzzle nut and neutered gas block
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 4:21:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Maybe Century just puts on whatever they have? Or maybe my memory is bad. I thought I saw ads for WASR10 GPs that said the rifles came with a bayonet. I didn't pay much attention though. I already had mine and I've never had to use a bayonet. Pop cans and paper targets rarely charge when wounded!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 1:22:40 PM EDT
[#4]
As far as I can tell from mine, Century is incompetant anyway, so nothing would surprise me.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:32:31 PM EDT
[#5]
GP's are WASR10 that were converted back to pre-ban configuration (bayo lug, threaded barrel, muzzle brake) when the ban went off. Most have bayonets with them now.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:46:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
GP's are WASR10 that were converted back to pre-ban configuration (bayo lug, threaded barrel, muzzle brake) when the ban went off. Most have bayonets with them now.

Thanks, how did you come accross this info? One of my local dealers had no idea what it meant. They didnt seem to know much about Aks.

I have noticed that most GPs come with an accessory kit.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks, how did you come accross this info? One of my local dealers had no idea what it meant. They didnt seem to know much about Aks.

I am an informed dealer, I ask my distributors questions.
Yeah they have a bayonet, mag pouch, 2-30rd mags, sling, cleaning kit, oil bottle, and bayo frog.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 7:06:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah they have a bayonet, mag pouch, 2-30rd mags, sling, cleaning kit, oil bottle, and bayo frog.

Wish I had some of those around here.

Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 6:51:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wish I had some of those around here.

Thanks again.

I know.......they are hard to find!!! A large percentage of gun dealers are very ignorant, just wanna make a buck!!
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 3:08:56 PM EDT
[#10]
The way it was explained to me by another  informed dealer,  is that the GP is Century's product code for G-2 trigger (G) and pistol grip configuration or pre-ban (P).  My GP seems to fit this bill, as it is in preban config, with a G-2 trigger already installed for slap free AK clone fun.

+1 on it being nice to have an informed dealer around, who will ask questons of a distributer/importer.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:51:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Is it possible they just use whatever when they build WASR's?  My GP marked receiver came with no bayonet lug or accessory kit and the muzzle had a nut over 14X1 lh threads.   The sheetmetal mag holders were terrible in quality too, but Im in the process of fixing all of these.  (Im using this as a chance to learn how to work with this craptastic peice before attacking my own build)
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top