Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/10/2003 10:19:01 AM EDT
It may be that we have discovered why some Arsenal Inc SA M-7 rifles have different triggers than other SA M-7's. Some SA M-7's may have all three of its fire control components be American made, while some may have a Bulgarian made trigger.

For those interested, please go to this post on the "other" board for the complete scoop:

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=150841
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 4:11:07 PM EDT
[#1]

I've a SAM5 and SAM7 - neither has the KV stamp, though the SAM5 trigger is much smoother than the SAM7.  Go figure...
Link Posted: 12/17/2003 5:58:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I posted the question on the K-VAR forums on what the differences are with the triggers used in Arsenal Inc guns. After updating it with the info that leads us to believe they may be using Bulgarian triggers, Arsenal Inc responded with this:

Re: Arsenal trigger variances

Greetings from the usually silent world of Arsenal of America.

First I want to apologize for not being able to answer some of these burning questions that have come up. I know that you guys are as gun crazy as we are, so, whenever possible (usually on the run via wireless on my laptop) I read your posts with great interest. Very good points are made and raised in your various posts and all of us here do take your inquiries, suggestions and ideas seriously. I often use your comments and feedback as ammunition in our daily in house running gun battles (more commonly known as product conferences). :-)

So, we (myself particularly) really do appreciate and consider your feedback.

Know this, the only reason why myself and other staffers are not more forthcoming with info is because we are all busier than a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. Somebody actually has to build the stuff you guys want.
That would be us.
So please bear with us.

We are having the damnedest time trying to keep up with the demand, and that is after we’ve doubled our production facilities and added a second production line. Striking the balance between meeting demand and maintaining our quality control standard isn’t always easy. Now, more than ever, we are focused on quality first and as we expand that becomes more time consuming. We examine every single part like a hawk.

So, SSR-99 and Zoid Zodian, thanks for figuring out this trigger mystery for yourselves and taking the heat off of me. Your evaluations and speculations were pretty damn close. Maybe you should be working for homeland security :-)

To answer your question. The triggers are in evolution as we are working towards a new manufacturing paradigm. So, you will be be seeing the next generation of fire control parts real soon. Can you say SHOTSHOW 2004.

Thanks guys

Alexander
Arsenal DPC
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top