Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » SKS
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/31/2005 7:59:03 AM EDT
I posted this question in a different AK area and didnt get very far. I am hoping to more info in this area. A friend of mine has a Norinco SKS with the factory AK mag conversion, the person he got it from sawed the socks butt off and made it a "defense gun". My friend wants to get into shooting and a sawed off just will not do. If I were to get a different stock would I need a spicific Noronco SKS AK conversion or would any stock do? Any ideal where I can locate one of these? Thanks Mike K
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:27:02 AM EDT

I owned a SKS-M model and put a Butler creek folder on it. The aftermarket stocks are designed for the box mag but will work with the SKS-M with a little but of work. I used rough grit sandpaper and a dremel to make it fit.

Originally Posted By Medic17:
I posted this question in a different AK area and didnt get very far. I am hoping to more info in this area. A friend of mine has a Norinco SKS with the factory AK mag conversion, the person he got it from sawed the socks butt off and made it a "defense gun". My friend wants to get into shooting and a sawed off just will not do. If I were to get a different stock would I need a spicific Noronco SKS AK conversion or would any stock do? Any ideal where I can locate one of these? Thanks Mike K

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 12:19:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2005 12:20:36 PM EDT by dave2184]
Here you go, any of the ones that say 5rd detachable will work without a bunch of modification.

SKS stocks
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:26:23 AM EDT
I have an advanced tech stock on my paratrooper model. I used pheonalic material to make a block to cover the unused length of the opening. I pinned it in with brass rod and sanded everthing smooth before I painted it. You could do the same thing with hardwood. I prefer the plastic others prefer wood, find the one that fits you best.
Page AK-47 » SKS
Top Top