Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Chinese
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 12/3/2005 5:31:14 PM EDT
just picked up a Norinco Hunter for a fair price. this is such an odd piece, does anyone own one or know anything about them?
Link Posted: 12/4/2005 5:35:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/3/2006 6:11:12 PM EDT by gunz4me]
Search for norinco hunter on this page: Info Page and scroll about 3/4 of the way down to see the different variants of the hunter.

All I remember is I saw one of these at a gunshow in the early 90s and thought to myself what an odd concept for a "sporting" rifle. EDIT: Dig at the Norinco hunter removed due to the fact that MAK 90 no longer has a thumbhole stock. It has been disassembled while awaiting the Tapco trigger group and US Stock Set to arrive! Pictures to follow.

If you search the web a little, you may be able to find someone to convert it into a Galil looking rifle.

EDIT 2: I hear the Norinco Hunters are VERY Accurate. Please post back if this is indeed the case!
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:10:18 PM EDT
i saw one of those on gunbroker not long ago, i think it was around $400. whats your idea of a fair price comared to that? they look like nice guns, whats your experience with it been?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 3:21:01 PM EDT
I paid $260 for it. I haven't fired it yet,do to the fact that my range is near the same field and wood that I hunt. I'm wondering if a standard Romy barrel will press into this milled receiever. I might chop up the whole gun to make a frankenAK. out of the receiver. if I decide to do it I'll post updates on the build forum.
Link Posted: 12/25/2005 9:33:47 PM EDT
wow, very nice. ive been thinking a hunter style AK would be a good investment, especially if i can pick one up for that price.

good luck, and we better get lots of pictures!!
Link Posted: 12/27/2005 8:57:22 PM EDT
I read that some people use these to make Galil clones from because the receiver is a close match.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 7:51:50 PM EDT
I thought the Norinco hunter was an SKS that takes AK mags, with a wierd stock and no bayo lug?
Link Posted: 1/2/2006 6:24:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Q-gunner2:
I thought the Norinco hunter was an SKS that takes AK mags, with a wierd stock and no bayo lug?

nope, thats just a different kind of SKS
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 1:20:05 PM EDT
Definitly not an SKS...

Link Posted: 1/4/2006 11:34:48 AM EDT
In the late 1980's Navy Arms imported a modified SKS that they called the "Hunter" model rifle. It was a standard SKS rifle that had the bayonet removed and a 5rd magazine with factory scope/mount.
The Norinco Hunter rifle is a milled receiver AK rifle that is a copy of the Valmet model 88 Hunter rifle.
www.valmet.org/valmethunter.htm
Page AK-47 » Chinese
Top Top