BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/1/2006 12:55:10 PM EDT
Is this a good deal?

It's a made in China, has a milled receiver and has the stock that has a hole for your thumb.  I liked the way that stock felt compared to the original style stalk.

It looked pretty nice. On Sale for $349.99, would save me the hassle of buying it online.
Also had a dark baby blue teflon coated AK made in Romania for $499.99.  Looked to be of good quality.  Had a flip up rear sight.

Is Norinco a good brand?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 12:58:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the Mak90. Much better quality than a Romanian rifle. Also, 499 for a ROMY AK, it better include 10 mags and some ammo.

350 for a milled Mak90 is right on, get it.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:02:18 PM EDT
[#2]
I would not buy it, I would actually post the name and number of the store so the rest of us could call them up and mock them for stocking such crap.....yea.......

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:26:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Yes, buy it and then take of the Ahole stock and add some nice wood from IRONWOOD.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 1:33:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Milled..........HELL YES
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Ok Let's just talk about the Milled Norinco Mak-90 with the hole in the stock. I got 4 yays and 1 nay.

Any others?  =)  I'm assuming it's better than a Romanian and not as good as a Vector?  Or is it as good.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:31:26 PM EDT
[#7]
That is an absolute STEAL on a milled AK, butthole postban or not.

Get it, slap some Ironwood or surplus Russian furnature on it, and if anything else, I'll be jealous of you!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Get it, slap some Ironwood or surplus Russian furnature on it, and if anything else, I'll be jealous of you!

F-in-AYE!

Buy that beatch!

Milled for $350, cripes the recvr. is worth that.

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:34:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Buy it!  Then sell it to me for a $50.00 profit!!!  Contact me.......

j/k  Thats a steal!!  Get on it brother!
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 2:54:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out these auction sites to price check. Remember to add about $20 for shipping and FFL fees.

www.auctionarms.com

www.gunauctions.org

www.sturmgewehr.com
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Hell yes buy it.  Ask him if you can look it over, work the action, take the cover off, look at the innards.  They are imho, some of the best quality AK's out there.  

If you ever want to transition back to the original pistol grip style,  you can replace the stock (along with the other compliance parts) with an american made original style one from ironwooddesigns.com  among others  

They even have the "slant cut" type stocks, so there is not one good reason not to buy it.

Mine has been very accurate for an AK, and 100% reliable.  
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#12]
If it has the dark wood then its has a spring loaded firing pin like the poly tec rifles.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:32:30 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I believe that with the milled receiver about the only choice is going to be Ironwood furniture if he wants to get rid of the thumbhole.  $350.00 isn't bad but you are going to have to drop about $125.00 into it to get it to be a really good looking rifle.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#14]
They are one of the best AKs made. Most people dont like the thumhole stock, that is why the prices are somewhat low. The Milled mak guns only came in as 1 batch in 1993. This is a good price. Quite frankly I would rahter have a norinco than most any other brand out there. The quality is typically extremely high. It seems hard to believe that chinese make good stuff but dont think twice and get it, it is top notch stuff.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:14:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I own one, would buy another for that price.  Ironwood is the way to go for a replacement stock set.  Next one I'd do would be in Walnut I just threaded my barrel today. here is an older pic.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:40:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Sweet, that is a national match 91 isnt it?
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 7:46:36 PM EDT
[#17]
any AK at 350 is a good deal at that price!

if you dont buy it i will go down to houston and bitch slap some sense into you,...then find the local store that you are talking about and but it for my self!

but in all seriousness,..that is a screamming deal! i wish i could have gotten a milled AK as my first AK,...if you get it you wont be disappointed at all.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:52:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Go buy that shit!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:32:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Chinese are the best AKs made........Milled is top of the line even if it is a thumbhole stock. Vector is way below any Chinese AK and a world above a WASR.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:41:44 AM EDT
[#20]
That is a great deal, you would be hard pressed just to find the receiver that cheap.   You better get back there and hope it isn't gone already.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#21]
yekimak probably said that so he could try and get it himselfhock.gif
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:30:47 PM EDT
[#22]
OK guys!!! After much financial deliberation.  I bought it!!!! My first rifle ever!  Only fired  an AR-15 3 times.  Never even fired an AK before.  Here are the pics.

Norinco MAK-90 Milled
Cal  7.62X39
C.J.A. SFLD M1
Made in China

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1173/4093466/8523361/131530068.jpg

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1173/4093466/8523361/131530067.jpg

http://pic1.picturetrail.com/VOL1173/4093466/8523361/131530065.jpg

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 12:41:15 PM EDT
[#23]
I am nervous about this rifle, it being my first rifle and all.

I know how to work the manual safety, but how do you load rounds and check to make sure there's no round in the chamber?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:08:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Rockin deal. Dont ever sell that one or you will regret it. Your questions will be very clear to you shortly. I am in no way teaching you anything or doing any more than reminding you of things that a real firearm safety class will tell you. Take a firearm class, it is money well spent, it will teach you a lot. Assuming you do this and not to possibly listen to me for firearm safety I will say a few things. Hopefully someone has better advice than me but.... always  always consider it loaded it may seem silly but it is so much better than putting a hole in someone you love. never put your finger on the trigger until your sights are on something you want to destroy. A lot of people have been killed by people playing around. The bullets will go into the top of the mag and slide to the back, they stack to one side then the other... itll be obvious when you start inserting them (pointy end forward ) The chamber check is a simple grabbing the charging handle on the side and pulling it back to look. Make sure you see light in a hole down the barrel with no magazine in the bottom of the gun (otherwise itll load a round when you let go) when you are certain it is empty then put the safety on and know for a fact that it is still loaded. The end of the gun brings death, dont sweep across anyone--- ever---- ever.
Remember these things:
#1 Always Keep your Muzzle pointed in a safe direction!!!! (dont forget that bullets will carry for miles)
#2 Never load until you are in the position and ready to shoot.
#3 Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
#4 Make sure others around you comply with these rules It is your friends, family and life at stake.
Too many people have experience with accidental discharges ... dont make the mistake of ever getting too comfortable with any weapon. Take the firearm safety class and enjoy. Anyone want to add anything?
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#25]
Words to live by Prophet. Well put. One can never be too safe when handling firearms.

Great buy Boma
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:29:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Thanks guys.  Those rules sound much like that of pistol safety.  I will be extra careful, the look alone of the AK is intimidating.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#27]
The trigger pull is very crisp.  There's no creep at all.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 6:37:24 PM EDT
[#28]
wow she looks beautiful,....i would say put a normal stock on it but it looks fine the way it is,...

ok man,.. heres a guide to help you out with your new toy.

step 1.  point barrel in safe direction

step 2. remove magazine

step 3. push selector down to fire,..pull chargeing handle all the way back and hold

step 5. visually inspect there is no round in the chamber

step 6. release bolt handle,..put selector in safe position

YOUR RIFLE IS CLEARED/ UNLOADED

to load a mag with ammo

step 1. place round between mag lips with mag position as shown,..

step 2. push round down until it it secured in mag.

step 3.  repeat step 2 until mag is loaded with 30 rounds

>>>>>keep your finger off of the trigger and out of the trigger guard until ready to fire<<<<<

now,.. to load a full mag into your weapon DO NOT DO THIS UNTIL YOU ARE READY TO SHOOT!......MAKE SURE SAFTY IS IN THE UP POSITION!!

step 1. rock mag into place (oppisite of unloading)

it should look like this when locked into place

now with the safty on you can not pull the charging handle back far enough to load a round

at this point your mag is locked in place but the rifle does not have a round in the chamber,...

>>>>>keep your finger off of the trigger and out of the trigger guard until ready to fire<<<<<

WHEN YOU ARE AT THE RANGE/READY TO SHOOT push the safty selector down to the fire position and pull the charging handle all the way back and release the handle.

YOUR RIFLE IS LOADED AND READY TO FIRE.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:01:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Wow Thanks Cruise!  What a nice guy.

It's good to have pictures so I don't have to guess.  I have all those steps memorized now.

Yeah this stock looks OK, but it feels really good!  
I may try some ironwood furniture in the far future.

Another thing.  How does the flip up sight work?  I see a little scale like thing that you can move back and forth.

When I look through the sights, it looks blurry unless I close one eye.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:11:11 PM EDT
[#30]
nice buy....i have 2 stamped mak90's (one w/ over 1k rds thru it-one unfired)..they are great rifles...nice and tight!dying to get a milled to see the difference
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:16:05 PM EDT
[#31]
Nice job cruzie.  I typed and re-typed for like half an hour earlier and could not come up with a set of instructions that I would have felt comfortable giving to an inexperienced person.

Boma, you got a nice gun.  Let us know how she shoots when you get the chance.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:20:47 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Wow Thanks Cruise!  What a nice guy.

It's good to have pictures so I don't have to guess.  I have all those steps memorized now.

Yeah this stock looks OK, but it feels really good!  
I may try some ironwood furniture in the far future.

Another thing.  How does the flip up sight work?  I see a little scale like thing that you can move back and forth.

When I look through the sights, it looks blurry unless I close one eye.

If that is a regular AK sight it is not a flip up sight.  It just has a slide on it that after it is sighted in at a certain range (can't remember the exact known distance and correct term) you then can slide the slider on the rear sight to the numbered yards or meters designated on the rear sight for the different distances.

The front sight has a windage adjustment for getting the rifle on target for a known distance and then you leave it in that position as it is not easily adjusted for windage as you would with an AR-15.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:21:14 PM EDT
[#33]
The forward gips on your new MAK dont look chinese at all...possibly russian? They dont match the stock, and Ive never seen chinese wood like that before.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:31:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The forward gips on your new MAK dont look chinese at all...possibly russian? They dont match the stock, and Ive never seen chinese wood like that before.

Could be off a Maadi.  I looked at some I have and from the small amount I can see on his second picture they look like the Maadi takeoff ones I have.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 7:53:04 PM EDT
[#35]
ok boma,.. heres another bonafide cruzie27 freebie

now to get to this point,..get your rifle,.. MAKE SURE IT IS UNLOADED,.. COMPLETELY UNLOADED!

one hand on the pistol grip the other on the lower front handguard

put the butt stock  to your shoulder

put your check on the butstock with your nose touching the very back corner of the reciver cover

look down the length of the barrel,.. align the front shight with the little notch in the rear sight as shown above. close one eye if it helps

keep the little slider thin on the "n" or "1" mark

there you go man,...also if you need ammo for that thing look up AMMO TO GO in brenem? breynem? tx,...about a hour N.W. of houston on that highway to Austin
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 8:56:57 PM EDT
[#36]
What's a Maadi and where is it from?  

Here are a couple more pics of the AK and it's sights.  And an opossum in my backyard.

Can my AK be dry fired without worry? Or do I need snap caps like a pistol?

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:01:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Thanks again cruise, again aiming with the rifle is almost identical to my XD9 pistol.

That's Brenham, TX.  AMMO to go eh?  that's a far drive for some ammo.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:28:29 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
What's a Maadi and where is it from?  

Egyption.  That or Russian laminated handguards have been put on the rifle.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:10:39 PM EDT
[#39]
I posted this same thread for a thumbhole milled norino and people said it wasnt that good of a deal and i passed.  Interesting here.

I think that is a good deal considering the rising costs od really nice ak's and what you could make it into.
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:11:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Thanks again cruise, again aiming with the rifle is almost identical to my XD9 pistol.

That's Brenham, TX.  AMMO to go eh?  that's a far drive for some ammo.  

i had a feeling youd be a good guy,...from Tx. has a XD,.. and a AK

ive got the XD-40 Tactical great shooter,...brenham is kinda far,...but they will usually have what ever it is your looking for,...and right now 7.62 and 5.45 are kinda hard to come by. at least up here where im at

give them a call and see what they have in stock,...it may be cheaper to drive out and get it your self than have them ship it.

while i was stationed at Ft. Hood TX.  i always went down to the SAXET show in Austin,.. and the ammo to go folks usually had the best deals and largest selections.

also find that shooting range  out by HWY 6 i was talking about before,.. it is a super place,.. they have pistol, shotgun, and rifle fireing lines,..a skeet and trap complex,...200-300 yd ranges,.. and ones that go further but ive never been on.

i always went there when i went to houston to visit my mom and stepdad,...they let milatary shoot for free
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:20:12 PM EDT
[#41]
are u on the hs2000talk.com forums? I'm there too.  I think I know which range you're talking about.  So far from me still.  I will check it out eventually.  Do you know how much it was for regular people?  Thanks for serving our country!
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:21:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Cruz:
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 10:36:18 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
are u on the hs2000talk.com forums? I'm there too.  I think I know which range you're talking about.  So far from me still.  I will check it out eventually.  Do you know how much it was for regular people?  Thanks for serving our country!

i think like 7 bucks,..either per person or per firearm,....but you can shoot all day,.. and you dont have to buy there ammo unless you have to/want to,..and you get 2-3 free targets,... when i was home on R&R from iraq i went there in my desert uniform with a tin can full of 7.62x54r and shot until i was out of ammo.

and theres a nice park right on the other side of the road that makes a good picnic/family day spot and i wanna say there was a mall near by that you can ditch the ole'lady at to go shoot

i know the HS2000 is the predisor to the XD's but i never knew there was a fourm for it,... im more of a AK fan these days,....most of the other than AK rifles have been sold off or traded to fund my kit build projects,...

Quoted:
Cruz:

umm thanks but not nessary,.. im just like the other thousands of vets out there,..thank/praise them first
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 11:01:03 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Rockin deal. Dont ever sell that one or you will regret it. Your questions will be very clear to you shortly. I am in no way teaching you anything or doing any more than reminding you of things that a real firearm safety class will tell you. Take a firearm class, it is money well spent, it will teach you a lot. Assuming you do this and not to possibly listen to me for firearm safety I will say a few things. Hopefully someone has better advice than me but.... always  always consider it loaded it may seem silly but it is so much better than putting a hole in someone you love. never put your finger on the trigger until your sights are on something you want to destroy. A lot of people have been killed by people playing around. The bullets will go into the top of the mag and slide to the back, they stack to one side then the other... itll be obvious when you start inserting them (pointy end forward ) The chamber check is a simple grabbing the charging handle on the side and pulling it back to look. Make sure you see light in a hole down the barrel with no magazine in the bottom of the gun (otherwise itll load a round when you let go) when you are certain it is empty then put the safety on and know for a fact that it is still loaded. The end of the gun brings death, dont sweep across anyone--- ever---- ever.
Remember these things:
#1 Always Keep your Muzzle pointed in a safe direction!!!! (dont forget that bullets will carry for miles)
#2 Never load until you are in the position and ready to shoot.
#3 Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
#4 Make sure others around you comply with these rules It is your friends, family and life at stake.
Too many people have experience with accidental discharges ... dont make the mistake of ever getting too comfortable with any weapon. Take the firearm safety class and enjoy. Anyone want to add anything?

YES!  Excellent advice.  Too many males think because they own a weapon, they're inherently "gifted" regarding the use of a firearm.  WRONG!!  Humble yourself a little and take the class.  Good instruction is worth a lifetime of fun AND safety!  Practice, practice, practice using "Cruzie's" pics.

Just remember, when you hand the firearm to someone, remove the mag FIRST...then check the chamber.  Never pull on a bolt, charging handle, slide, whatever, without removing the mag first.  Then you can check the chamber to ensure it's empty, pointing the muzzle in a safe area at all times, of course.  That goes with ANY firearm!

Good Luck to you and NICE FIND!!
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#45]
That is George Bush park next to that firing range.  I forgot about the mall.  I think it may be first colony.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 10:26:33 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
I posted this same thread for a thumbhole milled norino and people said it wasnt that good of a deal and i passed.  Interesting here.

I think that is a good deal considering the rising costs od really nice ak's and what you could make it into.

I went back and searched the archive server for when you asked this and found your post in the General Discussion forum and The Armory forum, but could find no post started by you in the AK forum concerning a milled Norinco AK.  The guys in the other forums gave you a ball park figure and told you to come ask in the proper forum where you could get the answer.  If you don't post in the proper forum you aren't going to get the proper answer.

If you have a link to where you posted it on the AK forum where you were told it wasn't a good deal I would like to read it.  Milled AK's and Chinese milled aren't my first choice because they are heavier than stamped and the Chinese ones are limited in how you change out the stock, but I wouldn't pass on one for $350.00.

Help, AK price check.    

Zip
Post Number :: 203

CO, USA

i found a rifle i am considering buying and would be interested in what a good price would be.

It is a Norinco AK with a milled reciever, everyhting looks to be in good shape and it has a plastic draganov stock on it.

thanks.

is a milled reciever model worth more?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted :: 8/9/2005 12:25:19 AM

ViperEH
Team Member
Sic Semper Tyrannus
Post Number :: 1019

IN, USA

I cant say for sure, but you'll likely get more replys if you put it in the AK forum where the experts hang out.
www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/forum.html?b=4&f=64
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." -William Pitt

Posted :: 8/9/2005 12:39:10 AM

MrClean4Hire
Team Member
Unsafe at any speed
Post Number :: 12894

TN, USA

$375 -$425

Official ARFCom Janitor

Have mop, will travel.

Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.

Yeah, I'm a dog alright. If I can't eat it or screw it ,then I piss on it.

Posted :: 8/9/2005 12:39:30 AM

olyarms
Team Member
I AM SO FREAKING AWESOME
Post Number :: 6666

NV, USA

$550 tops and thats if you really want it.
ETA Never have seen a norinco with a milled receiver.

eta:

SHIT HAPPENS, THATS WHY I AM ARMED

Posted :: 8/9/2005 12:42:47 AM
Last Edited :: 8/9/2005 1:10:59 AM by olyarms

Zip
Post Number :: 204

CO, USA

thanks.

anyone else?

Posted :: 8/9/2005 11:48:48 AM

Lon_Moer
Post Number :: 3260

PRK

Quoted:
thanks.

anyone else?

Build your own.

Posted :: 8/9/2005 12:13:57 PM

Help, AK price check.    

AK price check.    

Zip
Post Number :: 201

CO, USA

i found a rifle i am considering buying and would be interested in what a good price would be.

It is a Norinco AK with a milled reciever, everyhting looks to be in good shape and it has a plastic draganov stock on it.

thanks.

Posted :: 8/8/2005 9:28:08 PM

Col__Kurtz
Post Number :: 93

MI, USA

You can get them on Gunbroker for about $400 to $500 I think. Is it a MAK-90?

Posted :: 8/8/2005 9:55:07 PM
Last Edited :: 8/8/2005 10:00:15 PM by Col__Kurtz

keller
Post Number :: 654

OH, USA

Id say $300-400.

Posted :: 8/8/2005 11:04:36 PM

Zip
Post Number :: 202

CO, USA

It is $350+tax at a local shop, just came in (consignment)

Is the milled reciever rare or desirable?

Posted :: 8/8/2005 11:10:19 PM

Link Posted: 3/3/2006 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#47]
u did a good thing.  I wouldn't even have blinked about it.  one word: STEAL!!!  don't sell dat 1!!!  
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Should I feel free to fire this gun?  Or is the collector's appeal that high?

I want to shoot it!!!!  It's not too good to shoot right?  This will my only rifle for a while.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:59:36 PM EDT
[#49]
Should I feel free to fire this gun?  Or is the collector's appeal that high?

I want to shoot it!!!!  It's not too good to shoot right?  This will my only rifle for a while.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 7:05:44 PM EDT
[#50]

You in 1st Team before?

I'm in 2nd "BlackJack" Brigade, 1st Cav right now at Fort Hood.....

cool.

And if you ever want to sell that beautiful rfile, or just the wood. Let me know. Red Beautiful Romanian wood....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top