Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2004 3:56:41 PM EDT
Which mags will work in a NorincoMak 90 in 223. Also can you get ak74 mags to work?

Thanks Doug
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 1:39:30 PM EDT
[#1]

There are pre-ban Chinese metal ones that usually go for around $30. Maybe more will show up and lower the price now.  

With a little filing I was able to get them to fit in a VEPR .223. Not sure about the other way around. I read that a ton of Bulgarian .223 waffles will be imported. As they tend to be tight on most AKs, they might fit the Norinco.

Good luck.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 10:40:44 AM EDT
[#2]
the 74 clips look like they r really close to locking in with alittle mod they look like they may work
i do know the poly mags/drum wont work altho they r so high i cant see wanting to use them anyway
and u can use 5rd mags they r fairly easy to come by with alittle work to them they will hold 15 rds
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:37:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got a .223 Norinco AK that I tried to see if my Bulgie waffles would work and only a couple of them would fit if I remember right.  I believe I also tried shooting with them as well but I don't think they worked that well, I can't remember why they wouldn't work though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:36:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the Bulgy waffle 5.56 mags! All the one's I have fit and function with no problem! I did have a couple of them that I just trimed a little of the back feed lips and it worked great!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:25:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info fellas!

Doug
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 6:51:40 AM EDT
[#6]
AK-74 Mags to shoot 5.55/223 in a Norinco 5.56 = No Way Ray!!

I (and several buddies too) all tried the AK-74 mags in Norinco .223s and it was both a No-Go and worse yet a No Function!!

First the cartidges are totally different!!

* 5.56 X45 / 223 is longer and different case shape (taper) than the east block 5.45 X 39.  

The tips of the bullets in 5.56/223 (and we are talking the short 55 grainers, drug on the front of the mag badly enough to grove the bakelite badly.  Worse yet is that the drag tipped them down and jam, jam jam etc... I'm sure you get the picture.  T

* The feed lips are also different which means reshaping them and with plastic / bakelite mags they just don't bend or reshape! he
When we did finally manage to dremel, file, sand, shape, sweat & curse a mag badly enough to get it in, it was a total 110% bust as far as any useful function he

But some sunshine on your day he
(Hmmm why would I have hidden mags and all that ammo way way way back in the garage....  Oh yeah that Clinton Feller & The Brady Bunch!!!)

If you want them (think I still have 6 available) I'd give them to you for $30 a mag if you want all 6 and I pay the shipping.

Guaranteed 110 % to fit, function and rock & roll!!!

Let me know by e-mail if you want these!

Bigger_Hammer  /  [email protected]

h.gif
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top