Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 1/20/2008 10:07:25 AM EDT
Anybody know if any of the currently available 7.62.39 is available without any steel in the bullet? I need 7.62 with bullets that will not stick to a magnet to shoot in my local rifle matches.

Thx, BSW
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 10:17:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Obviously, Winchester, Federal and UMC don't have steel in them, but they are costly.  

The most common, closest to affordable ammo you'll find is the Yugo M67 corrosive surplus.  It's brass cased, lead bullet, no steel.  

There is also Wolf with a half-yellow box face that supposedly has no steel in the projectile.  I've seen pictures online, but it's so uncommon I don't think I've ever seen it in real life.  
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
height=8
Quoted:
Anybody know if any of the currently available 7.62.39 is available without any steel in the bullet? I need 7.62 with bullets that will not stick to a magnet to shoot in my local rifle matches.

Thx, BSW

See here:

www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=54&t=102957
Page AK-47 » Ammunition
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top