Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/1/2002 10:49:14 PM EDT
What do you guys make of this? Legal?
www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56895
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 10:54:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont think its what we make of it its what the gov makes of it.

good idea but i think it sorta follows along the line with the magpul stock being postban compliant.

oz
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 11:14:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I had this topic going awhile back.  Basicly everybody is just waiting on the approval letter which as far as I can tell hasn't showed up yet.  I don't think it ever will either since - well I'll let you draw your own conclusions, but those damn rights screwing laws are stupid. The general advise I got here is that it isn't worth the possible legal problems, and to wait on this letter.  Looks like the only way we'll ever get an answer is for someone to get cought with it and argue this in court.  I have made one and like it, but I've been waiting on the approval letter before I go out with it (it's now back to wood BTW).  In any case, I'm fairly patient, so I'll just wait until the sunset that's guarnteed to us and do it right.  I'm pretty confident in the restoration and preservation of that portion of our rights based on the fact that I voted, wrote/write letters, and visit as many important people as I can. <-- Hope all you did the same!

Edited -- because I rode the short bus to school. LOL
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 11:25:05 PM EDT
[#3]
you rode the short bus too?
Link Posted: 12/1/2002 11:45:54 PM EDT
[#4]
The guys been waiting for 8 months for the letter, correct?
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 3:26:00 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/2/2002 7:45:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Well campy, I think the whole idea is ease of transportation, just like a traditional folder - but you knew that.  There are other ideas within though, like some people think that a "removable two position stock" which essentially is a folder that takes longer to use will show just how stupid those laws are because in a way we accomplished what we want (a shorter rifle that is easy to convert), and the whole reason behind this part of the ban was to make rifles harder to hide. Personally, if this is all we're ever allowed to have because the pooch screw of a ban gets replaced, this is better than nothing and I can live with it.  Only problem is that every time I pull the pin and fumble around with the thing, I feel even more raped by the AWB than before, so I'm with you on thinking the idea is flawed there. "the real deal only costs $800" Well yeah, but if I had that much, I'd buy an AR-15, not to replace the AK though, I just want one. You may not compleetly agree with me here, but I see what you're saying.  I've got a couple more ideas, but I better stop before this gets too long.

Later.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top